We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, August 22, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Ahead of its official August 25th reopening, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is currently undergoing a soft reopening at the Magic Kingdom. Join us today at a look at the reopening and give you a full walkthrough of “The Carriage Package”!
- World Princess Week is sweeping its way through Walt Disney World, and Regal Eagle Smokehouse at EPCOT has a special treat to mark the occasion, Tiana Banana Pudding!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The refurbishment of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” has been delayed to January 2023 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- H2O+, maker of hair and skincare products featured at Disney Parks & Resorts as well as Disney Cruise Line, has announced that they’re retiring the brand at the end of 2022.
- Capt. Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is getting in on the fun for World Princess Week with a special mini cake inspired by Moana!
- Boo-ya! A new collection of Dooney & Bourke bags inspired by “The Emperor’s New Groove” has arrived at Walt Disney World!
- Halloween merchandise continues to creep into Walt Disney World, and the latest offering is a new MagicBand+ design!
Other Walt Disney World News
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and several Florida state agencies named in a lawsuit to fight the dissolution of Walt Disney World’s special tax district and governing jurisdiction have filed to dismiss the suit filed by Orlando-area residents.
- As of tomorrow, changes coming to the Park Pass reservation process at Walt Disney World will allow guests to book more passes in one transaction.
- As part of World Princess Week 2022, Walt Disney Records has released a new music video for Brandy’s “Starting Now,” performed by the singer at Disneyland.
- The next mug coming to Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Resort will make a big splash!
- Despite the general safety of the Disneyland Resort, some criminal incidents have occurred, according to The Orange County Register‘s Brady MacDonald.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” has reportedly been removed from the Resort Gateway Station loop on the Disney Resort Line monorail at Tokyo Disney Resort.
- The incomparable Gijs Van Winkelhof, former resident pianist at the Disneyland Hotel in Disneyland Paris, has released a new piano medley of classic Disney Parks songs, this time celebrating thirty years of his home resort — Disneyland Paris.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney has announced a slate of offerings for guests visiting the parks and Disney Cruise Line for Disney+ Day 2022.
- A new behind the scenes documentary, “Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return,” is coming to Disney+ on September 8.
- “Thor: Love and Thunder” will join the slate of Disney+ Day releases this year, becoming available for streaming on September 8.
WDW News Today
Changes to the Magic Key program, Dessert Parties and Dining Packages – Worth the Price?
Disney Confuses Ghost Host with Master Gracey, Resort Beauty Provider H2O+ Calls It Quits
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!