Walt Disney World has released full details for the upcoming holiday season.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
As we previously announced, holiday cheer will fill the Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns on 24 select nights from November 8 through December 22. Tickets are already on sale.
All the standard entertainment is back this year. First off, Mickey Mouse and his pals appear on the Cinderella Castle stage for the fifth year of the Christmas extravaganza “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.” The show features singers, dancers and surprises all choreographed to nostalgic and modern medleys of holiday music. And every night, Minnie Mouse orchestrates a sparkling nighttime spectacular with dazzling fireworks, castle projections and seasonal songs in “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.” Of course, don’t miss Santa Claus as he joins Mickey Mouse and friends in the classic “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.”
As well, partygoers can indulge in complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout Magic Kingdom. Select Magic Kingdom attractions will get a jolly holiday overlay with Jungle Cruise transforming into Jingle Cruise once again, and special holiday makeovers of Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, and Mad Tea Party returning for the first time since 2019!
Speaking of Tomorrowland, guests can join Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski, and Stitch for the out-of-this-world holiday stage show, “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas,” on the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
New to this year’s party, attendees have three jolly new Disney PhotoPass opportunities and they will receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake themed to the holidays.
New sweet treats this year include Texas-sized Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Meringue and Candied Pecans found at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café to go along with returning favorites like the Mickey-shaped Cinnamon Roll with White Icing and Holiday Sprinkles at Main Street Bakery.
Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are limited and can be purchased on the Walt Disney World website with prices ranging from $149 – $199 per person. Event dates are:
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
A note that November 8, 10, and 11 as well as December 15 are already sold out.
EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays
Wondrous sights, sounds and flavors of the holiday season are in store when the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth returns November 25 through December 30.
To the delight of guests, EPCOT will welcome back “Candlelight Processional,” a Disney Parks tradition. This heartwarming production takes place nightly at America Gardens Theatre and features celebrity narrators retelling the Christmas story accompanied by the Voices of Liberty a cappella ensemble, a 50-piece live orchestra with herald trumpets, and glorious massed choirs comprised of Disney cast members and Central Florida community groups.
This year’s lineup of celebrity narrators features award-winning actors, singers and TV personalities, including some making their debut. New faces include Gloria Estefan, Josh Gad, Simu Liu, Daymond John, Mariska Hargitay and Raúl Esparza, to name a few. They will join returning fan-favorite celebrity narrators, such as Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Osmond, Angela Bassett and Edward James Olmos.
Several other festival offerings are headed to EPCOT this year, including:
- “JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season,” a stirring and uplifting performance of music in celebration of Christmas and Kwanzaa, returns with multiple performances daily.
- Storytellers, musical acts and other performers will bring holiday traditions of the world to life around World Showcase.
- Holiday Kitchens will cook up treasured recipes and festive drinks from around the globe, as well as an eye-popping selection of treats to satisfy nearly any sweet tooth.
- New savory offerings include an Impossible™ Chorizo Tamale, a Plant-based Cotija Cheese and Spicy Red Chile Sauce found at Nochebuena Cocina Holiday Kitchen.
- Returning guest-favorites include the Maple Bûche de Noël found at Holiday Hearth Holiday Kitchen. This sweet treat features Maple Mousse and Cranberry rolled in Gingerbread Chiffon Cake.
- The Holiday Cookie Stroll offers guests the opportunity to embark on a sweet scavenger hunt and visit different booths and purchase an array of cookies. Those who complete the scavenger hunt are rewarded with a completer cookie.
Almost everywhere guests look they will be immersed in festive holiday decor at The Most Magical Place on Earth. Theme parks, resorts and the Disney Springs dining, entertainment and retail district are transformed into all that is merry and bright.
Decor highlights include:
- Jolly trimmings and theming throughout Main Street, U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom.
- Holiday glamour on Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and festive touches in Toy Story Land.
- Animal-inspired décor, luminaries on Discovery Island and holiday cheer that expats from Earth have brought to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Dazzling international decor around World Showcase at EPCOT.
- Nightly snow flurries and Disney-themed Christmas trees at Disney Springs.
- Iconic Gingerbread displays and embellishments at Disney Resort Hotels.
- And Christmas trees seemingly everywhere – more than 1300 at last count, some towering 65 feet.
As the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration continues, select theme park icons will continue to transform into Beacons of Magic in between showings of glittering holiday-themed displays.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A Merry Menagerie of life-sized, artisan-sculpted puppets of winter animals bring Discovery Island to life as they interact with guests alongside serenading musicians.
- After dark, watch the Tree of Life awaken as a series of wintry tales emerge from within, complemented by holiday-inspired music.
- From Nov. 25 through Dec. 30, 2022, guests will find holiday magic throughout the entire park.
- Santa will be greeting with guests inside the Odyssey Pavilion as he gets ready for the big day.
- Heartwarming performances around World Showcase include Canadian Holiday Voyageurs, Las Posadas with Mariachi Cobre, the Chinese Lion Dance and holiday storytellers.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sunset Seasons Greetings brings holiday magic each evening as the iconic Hollywood Tower Hotel transforms into myriad scenes including a “Toy Story” toy hotel, a snowy corner of Arendelle and more.
- The Santa Claus Merry Motorcade features jolly St. Nick himself cruising down Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible stuffed full of presents.
- Olaf stars in a festive finale to “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” that delights guests with performances of celebratory songs of the holiday season.
- Magic Kingdom Park
- On nights when Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is not held, Cinderella Castle transforms to take on a magical holiday look complete with special projection effects, festive colors and a rotating series of designs including a whimsical Christmas sweater, a jeweled castle look and more.
Guests can discover glad tidings at Disney Springs through specialty food & beverage options, decorations and entertainment to ring in the holiday season.
- A collection of elaborately decorated Disney trees is on display as part of the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth. Located throughout Disney Springs, these festively decorated trees are sure to spruce up the holiday atmosphere. Guests can even go on a scavenger hunt to find all the trees. Once completed, they can bring it to a redemption location for a special surprise.
- Guests can walk in a winter wonderland, strolling through Town Center and the West Side as angelic flurries of snow add a touch of magic to holiday shopping.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar transforms into a Holiday Bar complete with jolly decorations to ring in the merry season. Guests can indulge in limited-time holiday-themed sips and snacks to get into the spirit of the season.
- Guests will find Santa at Once Upon a Toy where they can take photos and share holiday wishes with him.
- Enjoy new and returning festive food items throughout Disney Springs like the Olaf Hot Cocoa Surprise from The Ganachery.
Anticipate arctic attire and festive keepsakes for the home, all of which are perfect for gifting to loved ones (or for yourself!) this holiday season. The cheerful Mickey’s Vintage Christmas collection features hues of red and green, snowfall and peppermint to celebrate the holiday season. Guests can also sport the cozy, plaid Homestead collection and a specially themed line to celebrate Hanukkah.
Are you excited for all of the new holiday offerings at Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments below.