We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, February 13, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Reservations for Annual Passholder previews on TRON Lightcycle / Run open on February 16.
- Dates have also been announced for D23 Gold Member previews on TRON.
- And Disney Vacation Club members, you haven’t been neglected either — you get TRON previews too!
- The walkway between the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is now closed for construction.
- We tried a new Minnie-themed cinnamon bun specially created for Valentine’s Day!
- The birdhouses have been removed from the former ride path of Splash Mountain.
- The full lineup of performers has been announced for Garden Rocks at the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Big news! Reservations for Roundup Rodeo BBQ open up next week!
- Walls are also coming down around the Roundup Rodeo BBQ as its opening date nears.
- We spotted a new Droid Depot box recycling cart in place of a push cart in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Although DisneyQuest is long dead, we spotted its logo in a surprising location — on flower paper at one of Walt Disney World’s hotels.
- New Disney Princess-themed compact mirrors are now available at Disney Springs.
- It’s Dooney day, and that means the new set of “The Band Concert”-themed Dooney & Bourke bags are now available at the Magic Kingdom.
- To go alongside the bags, we also found a themed MagicBand.
- A new “all-time classic” version of Mickey Mouse-themed luggage has rolled into Disney Springs.
- More of the Disneyland Paris 30th Anniversary Minnie Mouse-themed kitchenware has arrived at EPCOT.
- Continuing the line of pavilion-themed pins, we found new Norway and Canada pins at EPCOT.
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we spotted a new “Date Night” Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway pin.
- Love those Disney Critters? Now you can find them on a cute Loungefly backpack!
- New Tommy Bahama apparel is now available at Disney’s Riviera Resort.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- White supremacist groups were spotted protesting outside Walt Disney World this week.
- Yet another digital road sign was installed on Walt Disney World roadways.
- Disneyland has corrected an error on signage around the Indiana Jones Adventure concerning its reopening date.
- We got our first look at the updated Cast Member costumes for Mickey’s Toontown when it reopens!
- The victory cavalcade for Super Bowl LVII rolled down Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland today featuring MVP Patrick Mahomes!
- But signage at Disneyland would’ve told you that the cavalcade was happening on Main Stret USA.
- New neon has been lit above another facade in Mickey’s Toontown as construction begins to wrap.
- An end date has been released for the Disneyland Resort Monorail refurbishment.
- New pavement has also been laid down in front of the Downtown Disney Monorail Station.
- Keep your eyes open, Jazz Kitchen Express has temporarily moved to a different location at Downtown Disney due to refurbishment.
- We finally have a reopening date for Indiana Jones Adventure after its extensive refurbishment ends.
- Speakers have been added to the Disney100 medallion in Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure.
- Be careful what you put online! TikTok clout chasers showed video of eating a bread bowl on Incredicoaster and drinking Splash Mountain water.
- The finale of “World of Color — ONE” has been changed to mitigate guest confusion.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort has introduced automated cameras to replace photography Cast Members at one of their character greeting spots.
- Rumor has it the Halloween party will return this year with new themes!
- Disneyland Paris is also seeking to audition performers who can portray Halle Bailey’s version of Ariel.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- The Hong Kong government is set to give away half a million free airline tickets to travelers from around the world in order to jumpstart tourism to the city-state again.
Entertainment & Media
- Stephen Broussard, producer of “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania”, said there are currently no plans to integrate the Young Avengers into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The MCU Fantastic Four film will embrace its comic book roots moreso than past films.
- During the Super Bowl, we also got a new trailer for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” and a new poster.
- There was also a trailer for “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” during the big game.
- Steve Martin tied his Super Bowl ad for Pepsi into his history as a comic including his time at Disneyland.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Disney100 Oswald the Lucky Rabbit collection will debut tomorrow morning on shopDisney!
- A lifelike hologram of Walt Disney will greet guests as they visit Disney100: The Exhibition.
- Keep your eyes peeled for a new “The Nightmare Before Christmas”-themed LEGO set which will debut soon!
- In this year’s Super Bowl ad, archive audio of Walt Disney is used to thank both guests and Cast Members for making 100 years of Disney possible.
- The new Disney Illusion Island video game will release on Nintendo Switch in July.
WDW News Today
AP, DVC, & D23 Previews of TRON Lightcycle Run, Win One of 500K Free Flights to Hong Kong Disneyland – NewsToday 2/13
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!