We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, February 3, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- This morning we arrived to see the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover curtained off and unexpectedly closed.
- Lanterns have been added to the Tiana’s Bayou Adventure construction walls in Frontierland.
- Bonjour! Village Gifts has received a rather cutesy makeover in theme with a new cute merchandise lineup.
- We got our first look inside the complete TRON Lightcycle / Run during Cast Member previews today.
- Consequently, Cast Members are already reporting issues fitting onto the attraction with its extremely restrictive restraint system.
- Disney also released a partial POV video of the new attraction at night as its opening day nears.
- Even more details were revealed about the full backstory of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure and what guests will see on the attraction, including how Tiana came to own the former salt mine!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Greeting times for Goofy, Max, and The Incredibles have all been added to My Disney Experience.
- Some new Disney100: The Eras collection apparel arrived on shelves today.
- A new pin honoring Stitch and Nipper the RCA Dog and themed to Space Mountain has landed at the Magic Kingdom!
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Walt Disney World has filed a motion to dismiss a lawsuit from two Annual Passholders over the Park Pass reservation system.
- A special legislative session is set to take place next week to continue debating the fate of the Reedy Creek Improvement District in the Florida Legislature.
- Unionized Cast Members overwhelmingly rejected Disney’s “best offer” of a gradual $1 per year pay increase today in favor of returning to negotiate for more favorable conditions.
- Disney will livestream this year’s Fairytale Wedding Fashion Show from Disneyland later this month.
- An unruly guest climbed aboard the Lunar New Year greeting float today and was not stopped for quite some time!
- Repainting is still underway on the exterior of the future Disney’s Pixar Place Hotel as its transformation continues.
- Keep your money handy! Gift card wristbands themed to the Lunar New Year Festival are now available at Disney California Adventure.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Avengers: Flight Force will receive show lighting updates this spring without the attraction closing for refurbishment following criticism after its opening last year.
- Another sneak peek is out of the “royal transformation” of the Disneyland Hotel in Paris.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney is considering selling streaming rights to some of its movies and TV shows in order to offset heavy streaming spending costs.
WDW News Today
Splash Mountain Continues to be Removed, Guests Walk Through Active Construction Zone – NewsToday 2/3
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!