We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, April 1, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- With the end of the 50th anniversary, a new welcome show debuted at Magic Kingdom with old songs and characters in new costumes.
- Mickey and friends are no longer wearing their 50th costumes in Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire, too.
- Mickey is back in his magician outfit at his Town Square Theater meet and greet.
- The Magic Kingdom and EPCOT guidemaps have been updated to remove 50th anniversary references.
- TRON Lightcycle Run is closing early on April 2.
- Three Festival of Fantasy parade floats are currently missing.
- This is no April Fool’s joke – Beverly is the only drink currently available at Club Cool.
- Harmonious barges have been removed from digital EPCOT maps.
- Cranes are parked backstage ready to remove the offending Harmonious barges.
- The Coffee Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie has returned to Gideon’s Bakehouse for April 2023.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- A new California Grill menu was unveiled ahead of its debut.
- In fact, we headed straight up to California Grill tonight to try the new menu, and you can read our thoughts on our experience!
- New Disney100 refillable mugs are available at Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
- A Disney100 light-up balloon is available from sellers throughout the resort.
- The first Disney100 collectible medallions arrived at Magic Kingdom.
- Disney100 collectible medallions at EPCOT feature Figment, Indiana Jones, “Frozen” characters, and more.
- More Disney100 medallions feature “Star Wars” droids, “Encanto” characters, and more.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Cast Members will continue to wear their EARidescent nametags even though the 50th anniversary celebration is over.
- Disney’s Lake Nona Headquarters Project has been approved unanimously by the Development Review Committee.
- The 50th anniversary messages have also been removed from the buses around Walt Disney World.
- The Space Mountain single rider line has been re-routed through the exit, like before.
- A new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Goofy plush is available.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- 40th anniversary decor was installed on Cinderella Castle at Tokyo Disneyland ahead of its April 15 kickoff.
WDW News Today
Tom’s Honest Review of Happily Ever After Fireworks at Magic Kingdom
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!