We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Moday, June 26, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- For today only, a Stitch cake was available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Magic Kingdom to celebrate 626 Day, June 26, because 626 is his experiment number.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Crews continue to make progress on construction happening at Grand Avenue in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as another portion of wall has been removed.
- Just three years after opening its original location across from the Lime Garage, lululemon is set to move to a larger location at Disney Springs.
- Amorette’s Patisserie at Disney Springs is celebrating June 26, a.k.a. Stitch Day (in honor of his 626 experiment number) with a limited-time Stitch petit cake.
- Walt Disney World’s My Disney Experience app has been struggling to display attraction wait times throughout the day.
- Cirque du Soleil has a new “Sizzling Summer Savings Offer” for “Drawn to Life” performances at Disney Springs through September 30, 2023 at Disney Springs.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- A limited-time Stitch dome cake is available at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort for Stitch Day, or 626 Day, June 26, which honors Experiment 626.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Stitch took over the Disney Parks Twitter Page and new digital wallpapers were released for 626 Day.
- The 19.3 miles challenge during runDisney’s Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 at Walt Disney World will be Stitch-themed.
- Jamie Lee Curtis, Owen Wilson, and LaKeith Stanfield visited Disneyland to promote the upcoming “Haunted Mansion” movie, dressing up in Cast Member attire specific to the attraction.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo DisneySea has repurposed old Cast Member costumes from Nautilus Gifts into three different types of bags now available for purchase.
- A new keychain inspired by the Mickey-shaped Monorail handles at Tokyo Disney Resort is now available.
- Tokyo Disney Resort shared the latest attraction closure and refurbishment dates through May 2024.
Entertainment and Media
- Stitch will be joining the race in Disney Speedstorm season 3, plus there will be a “Lilo & Stitch”-inspired environment added.
- A new Stitch Disney Lorcana card was revealed to celebrate 626 Day.
The Walt Disney Company
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has filed a Motion to Dismiss the federal lawsuit that The Walt Disney Company has filed against him.
- To celebrate Disney100, LEGO is calling for families around the world to help build Disney-themed murals made entirely out of the tiny, colorful bricks.
WDW News Today
Disney World Making Genie+ Even More Confusing, Great Movie Ride Prop Finds New Home
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!