We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, August 24, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Further adding to the classic Americana allure of Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World is a slew of new items recently added to the menu at the Plaza Restaurant.
- The Italy Pavilion at EPCOT has a new collection of merchandise featuring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- Two new LEGO Disney sets are set to release later this year.
- Many upcoming LEGO Star Wars sets planned for release in 2024 have leaked.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) has filed a new 2-page document in the federal lawsuit Walt Disney World filed against them and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis hoping the judge will stay the case.
- The updated Walt Disney World dining reservation system is now rolling out on the My Disney Experience app.
- A new Ghirardelli sign featuring Japanese characters has been installed atop the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop in San Fransokyo Square at Disney California Adventure.
- Refurbishment work on the Cozy Cone Motel sign at Cars Land in Disney California Adventure has concluded.
- In 2024, Disneyland Resort is updating its policy on hotel guests using the early entry benefit to enter parks before other guests.
- With just nine days until Haunted Mansion reopens at Disneyland for Haunted Mansion Holiday on September 1, the outdoor décor for the overlay is starting to take shape.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The Oriental Land Company has announced the names of the attractions and such that are coming to Fantasy Springs, the massive new eighth port at Tokyo DisneySea.
- The official Tokyo Disney Resort YouTube channel recently uploaded a video offering new looks at progress on the construction of the Fantasy Springs expansion to Tokyo DisneySea as well.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Disney Parks shared a new video of World of Frozen in Hong Kong Disneyland, featuring Queens Anna and Elsa traversing the land.
Disney Cruise Line
- A new map of Disney Cruise Line’s upcoming Disney Treasure ship has surfaced and features some surprising Easter eggs.
- The map’s packaging also had a few teasers.
- The Disney Treasure and the so far unnamed seventh Disney Cruise Line ship will both reportedly feature Worlds of Marvel, a restaurant experience first introduced on the Disney Wish.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company stock dropped to a new 52-week-low this morning, hitting $83.02, down more than 3%.
- After we reported Disney stock was at a 52-week-low, the stock price continued to drop and The Walt Disney Company (DIS) closed on Thursday, August 24 at $82.47 per share. This is Disney’s lowest closing price in nine years.
- D23 has released the full schedule for Destination D23, which is from September 8 to 10, 2023 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!