We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, December 15, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- A new holiday popcorn bucket has arrived at Walt Disney World just under the wire, as Hanukkah comes to an end and Christmas is barely more than a week away.
- Things are not looking good for the newly-opened World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT, as we’ve now spotted five different malfunctioning lights on the floor of the area.
- Bubbles & Brine has added a new dish to their menu during the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays: a chilled seafood trio. Check out our review.
- A Florida man is suing Reedy Creek Improvement District over an alleged faulty elevator ride in Disney Springs that he claims left him with bodily injuries after falling several stories.
- It’s a sad day in Flavortown, as Chicken Guy at Disney Springs has reduced its available sauces on the menu from 22 options to just 10.
- New limited edition and limited release pins honoring the 50th anniversary of Pirates of the Caribbean at Magic Kingdom are now available at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- In a new Instagram post, Roku, maker of streaming devices and smart TVs, has teased a new collaboration with Walt Disney World Resort that will take viewers to its reference-filled screensaver, Roku City.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park will be closed on Saturday, December 16, and Sunday, December 17, due to heavy rainstorms coming to Central Florida.
- Walt Disney World has extended theme park hours on New Year’s Eve and into January 2024 at Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- If you are interested in becoming a Disney Vacation Club member in 2024, you might want to accelerate your plans, as the base pricing for actively selling DVC properties will rise in January.
- Fire effects have returned to “World of Color – Season of Light” at Disney California Adventure, after previously being offline following the Maleficent dragon fire during “Fantasmic!” at Disneyland Park in April.
- Construction continues as the former Splash Mountain transforms into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disneyland Park. On a recent visit, we spotted new scrim had gone up at the ride.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- A new miniature light-up figure of Minnie’s vanity from her Toontown house is now available for purchase at Tokyo Disney Resort.
- A fire broke out at the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue restaurant in Disneyland Paris on Friday, leading to Cast Members evacuating Frontierland.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has updated the age ranges for Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab across their fleet of ships.
Entertainment and Media
- Join us for a battle of Disney characters and check out our gameplay review of Disney Sorcerer’s Arena: Epic Alliances by The Op Games.
The Walt Disney Company
- On January 1, 2024, “Steamboat Willie,” and consequently the characters of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, will enter the public domain. In the past, Disney pushed for extended copyright laws to keep Mickey under their control, but they have finally given up and are letting the mice — at least as they first appeared — free.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!