Flavors from Fire was one of a number of new kiosks at the 2017 Festival, and it has returned for the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, which takes place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for Flavors from Fire at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds – $4.75
- Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses – $5.00
- 🆕 Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli *NEW* – $6.75
- Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Mango (modified slightly from last year) – $3.75
- Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter (5.4% ABV) – $4.25
- Michael David Winery 7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel, Lodi ($13/bottle) – $5.00
- Swine Brine featuring Jim Beam Bourbon (modified slightly from last year) – $8.25
Photos of Menu Items from Flavors from Fire at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds – $4.75
Oof, $4.75 for two Piggy Wings now. These wings are tender and fall right off the bone. The Korean BBQ sauce is spicy and has a great kick making each bite a flavorful masterpiece. Unfortunately the price has gone up and the wings aren’t too big. At almost $3/wing it’s nearly impossible to justify this purchase now, even if they’re mighty tasty.
Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso Romano and American Grana Cheeses – $5.00
This nearly perfect dish is a returning favorite from 2017. The smoked corned beef is flavorful, tender, and has a great slathering of sauce on it. There’s plenty of chips to help pick-up the meat and fondue, all three together a match made in heaven. It’s a must do item, even if it’s a return. Honestly everything at Flavors from Fire is worth doing.
Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli – $6.75
This item replaced one of our favorites from 2017 at the Flavors from Fire booth, but that’s okay because it’s just as amazing. There’s an underlying spiciness to the skirt steak that’s rather intense for an Epcot festival but that’s everything we absolutely adore. The coleslaw on top helps to cut-back the spice and the aioli rounds-out the flavor profile. The smoked corn cake below helps hold everything together making this an absolute winner.
Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, and Mango – $3.75
Last year this item was topped with a raspberry dust; this year we have mango. The mango pairs well with the chocolate mousse and spice. It’s an absolutely stellar dark chocolate mousse that’s made with chili powder that gives an excellent spice to the entire creation. This is one of our favorite desserts from 2017 and it’s just as good (if not better) in 2018.
Swine Brine featuring Jim Beam Bourbon – $8.25
Last year, this surprisingly good drink was made with Evan Williams bourbon. This year they switched to the more well-known Jim Beam bourbon, but no matter – it’s still good! The Swine Brine is definitely one of the most unique cocktails offered this year at the festival, and many were surprised at just how good (read: weird) this ended up being. It’s a combination of apple juice, lemon juice, bourbon, and mustard, which sounds pretty terrible. Needless to say, everyone in our group grimaced before they tried it, but they ended up enjoying it more than expected. WARNING: It may not be for everyone. Also, don’t dip the pork in.
Location of Flavors from Fire Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Flavors from Fire Marketplace at the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is located in Future World West behind Character Spot and just outside from the Light Lab.
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- REVIEW: Flavors From Fire Marketplace in Future World (Including That Mustard Pork Drink), Epcot International Food and Wine Festival 2017
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight (2017)
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!