_social_media_post_size_templates_07-27-2020_v5_jm-2

FIRST LOOK: Images Released for the Reimagining of Disney’s Contemporary Resort Featuring “The Incredibles” Rooms

Disney’s Contemporary Resort has been undergoing heavy refurbishments lately to all guest rooms in preparation for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in October. The Wave restaurant located on the ground floor is also closing soon for refurbishments. This morning Disney has shared a first look of the reimagining concepts of the popular Magic Kingdom area resort.

New "The Incredibles" Rooms at Disney's Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World

Currently all nine floors of guest rooms in the tower are being completely refurbished, and here’s a first look at the new décor debuting this fall. As you can see, these rooms will blend a sleek Monorail motif with some favorite characters from Pixar Animation Studios’ “Incredibles” films, including Jack-Jack, Frozone and Edna Mode. New custom artwork in guest rooms and along guest corridors will be modern, futuristic and oh so stylish, dahling, complementing the resort’s architecture while putting the Supers’ powers on display.

In the lobby, you’ll soon see a collection of modern art pieces as well as historical, behind-the-scenes photographs of Disney’s Contemporary Resort in development and under construction. The resort’s lobby restaurant, The Wave… of American Flavors, will also soon close to make way for a reimagined dining experience in time for the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary celebration. And once the tower guest rooms are complete, work will begin on the rooms inside the Garden Wing out on the shore of Bay Lake.

All the excitement at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is part of the ongoing evolution of the Disney Resorts Collection at Walt Disney World. Disney will have more to share on this project in the months to come as we get ready for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” beginning October 1st.

What do you think of these changes coming to the Contemporary? Let us know in the comments below.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

3.9 8 votes
John Ford Jr
John Ford Jr
5 months ago

Absolutely abhorrent. This is not the place for IP integration. The resort can stand on its own, as it has for 50 years. I am very curious how this renovation is impacting the few rooms and suites on the 14th floor Tower Club, which have traditionally been renovated separately and to a much higher finish out standard than the rest of the rooms. Given the silence about the 14th floor specifically, as compared to the last renovation when it was singled out as having a different design, I fear that it too has fallen victim to this obnoxious adulterating retheme.… Read more »

Last edited 5 months ago by John Ford Jr
Jeannette Sanchez
Jeannette Sanchez
5 months ago

Looks Awesome and I hope to stay in the Contemporary for next year!

Unsinkable Mongala Millie
Unsinkable Mongala Millie
5 months ago

Wow. The rooms keep going from bad to worse at the monorail hotels. Can’t wait to sleep in a replica of Bert’s chimney or Lady’s basket when they do the Grand Floridian refurb…

Last edited 5 months ago by Unsinkable Mongala Millie
Victoria
Victoria
5 months ago

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yeeeeessss! FINALLY! This resort is getting the attention it deserves. I’ve been coming to this, since I was young. This was my parent’s favorite resort. What I love is that it keeps with the Contemporary theming, and adds some characters. I hadn’t expected a 60’s vibe to the room, but it has a little of that, too. And, I LOVE that bathroom! They took out everything outdated and replaced it with pure chic! I cannot wait to stay here on my planned trip in 2022.

Heidi
Heidi
5 months ago

Not loving the value resort look. Probably means The Wave will also be overly cartoonish with a dull, overpriced family-style menu once the refurb is done.

Mike
Mike
5 months ago

Looks amazing and something Contemporary needed for sure. But I wonder if this means they plan on reducing the convention space eventually without more adulty/business type rooms

Poly Fan
Poly Fan
5 months ago

Well, it’s not as over-the-top as the new Polyne…Moana rooms. That’s something at least.

Jackie
Jackie
5 months ago

Looks great! Will these updates also be made to Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort?

Michael
Michael

This is a disgrace

Casey
Casey
5 months ago

I don’t like the guest room changes, because they don’t fit the luxurious, modern feel that I associate with The Contemporary. The artwork specifically, makes me think of a slightly better dressed Pop Century. It’s not bad, but far less than I expected from a refurbishment of one of the original, iconic WDW resorts.

Jenn
Jenn
5 months ago

That looks AWESOME! Only took 50 years to get a theme of some kind! But I am a fan of the hotel no matter what!

MARK

NOT IMPRESSED!
For the price Disney charges, I expected a more high end look.
Look no further than the new J W MARRIOTT,WORLD CENTER OR JW MARRIOTT GRANDE LAKES.
LUXURIOUS AND SOPHISTICATED.
CONTEMPORARY WAS THE GRANDE JEWEL OF DISNEY RESORTS.
WAS DISAPPOINTED STAYING AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN.
BEAUTIFUL LOBBY.
ROOMS, A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

beautiful gorgeous

It looks rather plain. Compared to moana rooms at Polynesian

Joseph Ledoux
Joseph Ledoux
5 months ago

Are these hospital rooms? Absolutely horrible!! So bright and antiseptic.. The luxury is gone.

Disney stop self imploding!!

Faye
Faye

This is Incredible!

SJames
SJames
5 months ago

This looks “incredibly” cheap and sterile. Not deluxe. It’s a shame, they could have brought that mid-century modern style in a more sophisticated way.

Mitchell
Mitchell
5 months ago

💩💩💩 everything does not have to be IP based! Especially the original stuff!

Madison Pendleton
Madison Pendleton
5 months ago

Honestly, I really wish they were not theming it. Especially with something like the Incredibles. I like the incredibles, but not that much, and the Contemporary doesn’t need to be themed.

More Beverly Please
More Beverly Please
5 months ago

The Contemporary Art of Animation. What a shame to cheapen what should be an upscale and still unique property.

Bernie
Bernie
5 months ago

This borders on the tragic.

If I wanted cartoon rooms (as I sometimes do), I can stay at Pop or Art of Animation.

But I have loved the Contemporary since its opening as a perpetual sleek symbol of modernity with its crisp lines and clean design.

This destroys what I loved and puts in its place a junked up cross-marketing juvenile cartoon-fest.

Tragic.