We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, March 10, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney Imagineers are beginning push-pull testing of the TRON Lightcycle / Run vehicles at Magic Kingdom.
- We checked in on the construction of Connections Café and Eatery in the World Celebration neighborhood of EPCOT.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Presents the EPCOT Experience will be closing permanently on March 14, 2022.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Guests can now book a Starlight Safari tour at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge for Earth Day, April 22, and later dates.
- Should you book Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser for before, during, or after the rest of your trip? We can help you decide.
- Guests who get a little “cabin fever” and need a little fresh air onboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser can make a visit to the “climate simulator.”
- Disney Vacation Club has released a new short documentary about Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, ahead of the new Villas opening for members this summer.
- St. Patrick’s Day is a week away and you can get in the spirit with this limited-time treat from Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa!
Amid a reimagining of Mickey’s Toontown, the land has disappeared from the map on the Disneyland app.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disneyland’s 39th Anniversary will commemorate Critter Country and the Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes in a new merchandise line! We now have a look at the full collection.
- Tokyo DisneySea’s 20th Anniversary isn’t over just yet, and a new addition to the nostalgia-focused collection of merchandise has been announced with Mickey plushes donning anniversary costumes in muted colors coming May 10!
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has shared concept art and details about “Disney Seas the Adventure,” an original stage show coming to the Disney Wish. This show will be performed on the first night of each sailing.
- We stopped by Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom today and spotted this new denim Mickey Mouse wallet.
- A new scented Spirit Jersey inspired by Mickey pretzels is now available at Walt Disney World. We found this jersey at Creations Shop in EPCOT.
- We stopped by Star Traders at Magic Kingdom on a recent visit to Tomorrowland, where we discovered this new Space Mountain tee.
- A new set of “Spider-Man: No Way Home” mix and match pins is available at Walt Disney World. We found the set in Keyvstone Clothiers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- D23 is celebrating their 13th anniversary with a week dedicated to D23 Gold Members. Complimentary gifts and exclusive offers will be available to D23 Gold Members through the end of the month.
- A new set of five ornaments inspired by some of the sights aboard “it’s a small world” has set sail at Disneyland Resort.
- These days, the famous Cake Castle from Walt Disney World’s 25th anniversary draws ire from many but also maintains a loyal fan base. If you’re among the latter, you might love this new mug we found at Disneyland!
- Welcome to the merchandise roundup for March 10, 2022! Each new day brings new merchandise to Walt Disney World, and we know you don’t want to miss a thing, so we gather new releases here.
Entertainment and Media
- After the first trailer for “Obi-Wan Kenobi” was released yesterday, Entertainment Weekly has given us our first look at Darth Vader in the series.
- At yesterday’s Walt Disney Company annual shareholder meeting we got our first look at the cast of the new (and younger) “National Treasure” series coming soon to Disney+.
- Disney+ debuted a new trailer, poster and image from Disneynature’s all-new feature film “Polar Bear,” which streams exclusively on Disney+ beginning April 22, 2022, as part of the streamer’s Earth Day celebration.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company responded to a statement from the Human Rights Campaign refusing donations the $5 million donation Chapek pledged.
- The Walt Disney Company has announced they will be pausing all business in Russia. They had already paused theatrical film releases and canceled Disney Cruise Line port visits to Russia.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, at an event with supporters in Boca Raton, slammed Disney for pushing a “woke” ideology while ignoring human rights abuses in China in a Fox News interview, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- Imagineer Zach Riddley has joined a slew of Cast Members and creators speaking out against LGBTQ+ legislation in Florida via a new Instagram post.
WDW News Today
Avengers E-Ticket Ride May Be Built at California Adventure – Disneyland News Today 3/10
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!