We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, October 20, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- During the week of Christmas, “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” will replace “Disney Enchantment” nightly at Magic Kingdom.
- The popcorn stand has been removed from Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom.
- Cool Wash at EPCOT has been renamed “Refreshment Station,” according to a new sign at the spot in World Discovery.
- More details have since been added to Journey of Water Inspired by “Moana”, which is scheduled to open in late 2023.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Good Morning, Movie Stars! It’s merchandise Monday, and we’re strolling through Disney’s Hollywood Studios on the hunt for all things new. Check out our photo report!
- We’re finally seeing significant work on Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Tenrec hedgehog mother Glitter Toaster Strudel gave birth to seven hoglets at Disney’s Animal Kingdom recently.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney’s refurbishment of guest room balconies at the Copper Creek Villas of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is underway.
- More EPCOT 40 merchandise has arrived at Creations Shop in EPCOT: a Figment sweater, magnets, and AirPod cases.
- Straight from another world (or at least Pizza Planet), a new set of Mickey ears featuring “Toy Story’s” Little Green Men is now available at Walt Disney World!
- Look what we found docked at the Emporium on Main Street, U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom —a Disney Cruise Line Ship Playset.
- A delicious new Loungefly mini backpack inspired by “Ratatouille” and French food is now available at EPCOT.
- It’s been over a year since the Vault Collection debuted, now two new pieces of apparel inspired by the 20th anniversary celebrations continue the fun!
- Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure will be celebrating the release of “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” with several new offerings.
- If you’ve ever wanted an extra-fluffy Spirit Jersey to tide you through those chilly California winters, we found a fluffy pink Spirit Jersey for both adults and kids!
- There’s some new “Zootopia”-themed apparel from Her Universe you can try over at the Disneyland Resort.
- If you love “Coco” as much as we do, then you’ll be thrilled about the new cushion and youth dress we found at the Disneyland Resort!
Entertainment and Media
- Amazon announced more details about the “Hey, Disney!” voice assistant coming soon to Echo devices.
The Walt Disney Company
- A year after stepping down as head of Walt Disney Imagineering, and 42 years after joining The Walt Disney Company, Bob Weis is retiring.
- In 2024, Adventures by Disney will launch their first expedition cruises in the Adriatic Sea.
- Chase, Visa, and the Walt Disney Company have announced a multi-year expansion of the Disney Visa Card program, including a special Disney 100th anniversary metal card coming next year.
WDW News Today
- As WDWNT continues to grow, we are looking for staff writers and editors for our website.
MagicBand+ Linking Issues, The Matterhorn Reopens at Disneyland – Disneyland News Today 10/20
Planning a Disney World Day for Someone You Hate, Benny the Cab’s Bumper Stumpers – WDW News Tonight Episode 226
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!