We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, July 27, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- A new interactive experience has been announced for Walt Disney World that will surely test your sense of smell, titled “Smellephants on Parade.”
- Guests can scurry around the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival on the hunt for a great chef with the return of Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak!
- For the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, and Beaker have gotten their hands on some of the wings from Brew-Wing! We ventured into the Odyssey to taste what they’ve created.
- The 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival passport is now available as the annual festival begins, and we have your first look.
- The Brew-Wing Lab at the Odyssey Pavilion has opened at the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, and we were there opening day to give you a full photo tour.
- Calling all seafood lovers, we recommend hitting the Coastal Eats marketplace during your visit to the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. On the menu, this year is a Lump Crab Cake, Oysters Rockefeller, and a Cape Codder, and we reviewed it all.
- The Fry Basket, which made its debut in 2022 at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, returns! New to the menu this year is Pickle Fries with Dill Ranch, and then returning favorites like the Yuca Fries, Barbecued Bacon Fries, and more — check out our review!
- Disney shared a first look at new Cast Member costumes for Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” and The Seas with Nemo & Friends in World Nature at EPCOT.
- This year at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, the Flavors from Fire booth has a new addition of a Chimichurri Marinated Skirt Steak Taco, which sounds great, and a Spiced Chocolate Tart with BBQ Potato Chip Crust, which sounds a bit weird. Let’s dig in and see how they compare with the rest of the dishes.
- The India marketplace at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival didn’t add any new items to its menu this year, but honestly, with how delicious the food and drinks are, we aren’t complaining. Here’s our review of the booth.
- The menu for Kenya at the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival may look familiar to guests who attended the festival last year, as no additional or new offerings have been added to the marketplace, however, we still recommend a stop here as the dishes are packed with spicy flavor that will have you craving more.
- New to the Funnel Cake Kiosk, and only available during the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, is the Candied Bacon Funnel Cake. This funnel cake is loaded with vanilla ice cream, then topped with candied bacon and a maple syrup drizzle, so you truly get the best of both salty and sweet!
- If you’re looking for copious amounts of gooey cheese, crunchy bread, and hearty toppings, we recommend hitting The Alps marketplace during your visit to the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. Here’s our review.
- Spain arrives at the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival with no new food offerings this year, however, its beverage menu is entirely new. For fans of sangria, there are several different types available, or a sangria flight if just can’t pick one to try!
- The Germany marketplace, available during the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, has decided to stick with familiar favorites as their offerings for the festival. There’s only one new item on their menu this year, an alcohol-free Riesling, so guests of all ages can try it out.
- While there are plenty of food options available in the Mexico pavilion (and margarita options) there’s a special selection available at the Mexico marketplace, available during the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. Available at the marketplace this year is a Mexican craft beer, margaritas, Tostada de Carnitas, tacos, and a Mexican flan dessert.
- Tangerine Café: Flavors of the Medina is known to bring light, bright, and colorful dishes packed with Mediterranean flavor to any festival. For the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, dishes include grilled kebabs made up of different proteins, a falafel pita, a pistachio cake (one of our favorites), and more!
- Those looking to enjoy a healthy vegan dish that’s packed with spice should head over to the Refreshment Outpost during their visit to the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. While this isn’t a new dish to be featured at the festival, there’s a reason that it keeps returning, as it’s delicious and friendly for plant-based guests!
- Belgium returns to the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival with a couple of new beers available, a tweak to the chilled coffee recipe, and the same fresh and sweet waffles that we all know and love!
- While there are several food options available in the China pavilion, during the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, head over to the China marketplace for some special offerings! On the menu, this year is the Pan-Fried Chicken Dumplings and Dandan Noodles, an array of tasty alcoholic (and nonalcoholic!) drinks, and new to this year, a Crispy Duck Bao Bun.
- While the Ireland booth has returned for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, guests expecting new offerings on the menu may be a bit disappointed. On the menu, this year, are all returning dishes, though we enjoy most of them well enough that we’re happy to see them back.
- Last year, Brazil, available during the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, added the Feijoada dish to the menu and unfortunately, it didn’t receive rave reviews from us. Let’s head over and see if they were able to hopefully tweak the recipe this year!
- The Japan marketplace is always one of our favorites during the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. Not only are the dishes delicious year after year, but the menu always seems to get refreshed for each festival. Being offered this year is a spicy sushi roll, a traditional Japanese rice bowl, the fan-favorite Teriyaki Chicken Bun, and plenty of alcoholic options.
- Hops & Barley has been the standard food booth available in the American Adventure during the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, however, for the 2023 festival the booth has been renamed Flavors of America. With a new name, comes almost an entirely new food menu, save for the classic carrot cake.
- For the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, the Italy marketplace has returned with an entirely new food menu. This tends to be par for the course for this marketplace, as many of the dishes are usually flawed. However, we were a little sad to see the panna cotta offered last year didn’t return, but we’re going into trying the Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake with high hopes!
- The “Be Our Guest” spectacle of light show on Spaceship Earth has returned for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
- The 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival has officially begun, and among the merchandise for the event is a new collection from Dooney & Bourke.
- Annual Passholder-exclusive Figment merchandise is available at this year’s EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
- The 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival pins are now available. Guests can find limited edition and limited release pins featuring “Encanto” characters or just inspired by the festival more generally.
- The 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival kicks off today, and things are looking colorful with a new merchandise collection themed to “Encanto.”
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse star on cooking equipment, apparel, and more in a full 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival merchandise collection. Let’s take a look!
- A new 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival Pandora charm set is now available at Walt Disney World.
- A new Hatbox Ghost sipper will be available at Disneyland this weekend in honor of the new “Haunted Mansion” film.
Entertainment and Media
- The full list of Disney Lorcana products that will be available at Gen Con 2023 has been announced. Disney Lorcana artist Nicholas Kole will also be signing during the convention.
WDW News Today
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (7/27/23): Rejected EPCOT Food & Wine Booths, Disney Death Match, WDWNT: The Match Game
Disney Death Match, WDWNT: The Match Game, Rejected EPCOT Food & Wine Festival Booths
The Muppets Lab Takes Over the Odyssey at EPCOT Food & Wine 2023
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!