We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, August 6, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- For those looking to find a quick breakfast bite at Magic Kingdom, there’s a new pretzel roll sandwich in Fantasyland, replacing what used to be offered on a croissant.
- The façade of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is turning a darker shade of green each day as moss is added to cover red clay and a Br’er Rabbit fixture is still holding on while construction continues.
- Some colorful new pavement has debuted at the entrance to Mission: SPACE at EPCOT, while some iconic Mars rover tracks have disappeared with an uncertain future.
- There is a new series of signs that line construction walls at EPCOT that read “Dreamers at Work” and feature a character along with some themed phrasing.
- While the new, authentic Japanese sushi restaurant Shiki-Sai is still under construction, we spotted new artwork today that lines the hall connecting this latest World Showcase restaurant with the preexisting Teppan Edo in EPCOT.
- The repainting of Hotel du Canada in the Canada Pavilion is underway.
- More “Dreamers at Work” signage appeared on construction walls in World Showcase, themed slightly differently for that area of the park.
- Disney may not have a hand in either “Barbie” or “Oppenheimer” as they dominate the box office, but EPCOT Cast Members have made a subtle nod to the “Barbenheimer” fun.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- We’ve recently tried the Tenoo Swirl Crunchies Cereal drink at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Celebrate World Princess Week with the “The Little Mermaid” milk shake — inspired by the live-action movie — at Hollywood Scoops at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Island Mercantile, a souvenir gift shop near the entrance of Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Discovery Island, has closed half of the store for refurbishment as cash registers are moved.
- We gave the Lime Garage burger a second chance — find out how it went.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Cinderella Cupcake has returned to Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for World Princess Week 2023.
- We recently got a chance to tour a newly remodeled room at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn at Walt Disney World.
- Construction continues at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, as the refurbishment that is scheduled to be completed in “late fall” of this year begins to wind down.
- The exit from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort lobby to the Beach Pool and “Alice in Wonderland” water play area has now been closed as refurbishment efforts continue.
- A new Halloween Starbucks tumbler featuring a Mickey jack-o’-lantern has arrived at Walt Disney World.
- We’ve spotted a new Darth Vader ear headband at World of Disney in Disney Springs.
- A new Spider-Man ear headband at Walt Disney World is inspired by Peter Parker’s classic spidey suit.
- New “Hocus Pocus” Sanderson Sisters Harveys bags have arrived.
- A new glass Mickey jack-o’-lantern necklace and matching glass Mickey pumpkin earrings are both available now at Magic Kingdom.
- While on a visit to Pandora – The World of Avatar in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, we spotted a few items that we hadn’t seen before, including Avatar pins and a Pandora play set.
- A new Cal Kestis color changing lightsaber is available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- More changes have arrived in Pacific Wharf as the Disney California Adventure land is re-themed to San Fransokyo Square.
- A new Darth Vader ear headband and Darth Vader Loungefly mini backpack have arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- A new Avengers Campus Quinjet Build and Play Set is now available for purchase at Disney California Adventure.
Disney Cruise Line
- Guests looking for commemorative souvenirs can find 2023 Disney Wonder Alaska cruise merchandise onboard.
Entertainment and Media
- Marvel Studios and Disney+ have debuted a trailer for a second season of “I Am Groot,” set to release September 6 on the aforementioned streaming platform.
WDW News Today
- WATCH PARKSCENTER — Halloween is Here, ‘Cleaning the Kingdom’ Interview, and The Must Do Disney Snacks!
Halloween is Here, ‘Cleaning the Kingdom’ Interview, and The Must Do Disney Snacks! – ParksCenter
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!