We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, November 20, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The iconic Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction in the Storybook Circus section of Magic Kingdom has a fragrant new sponsor in Scentsy.
- The Magic Kingdom and Multiple Parks (Park Hopping) Genie+ options sold out today, Monday, November 20, 2023.
- The holiday spirit is slowly spreading around EPCOT at Walt Disney World, as additional festive decorations have recently been installed throughout the World Showcase neighborhood of the park.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Disney fan community is up in arms about Disney Jollywood Nights, the new Disney’s Hollywood Studios after-hours holiday event. WDWNT’s own Tom Corless was initially hesitant to review the event, given that he was busy reporting on it and not able to experience everything, but after the overall reaction, Tom has shared his honest review and rant.
- The Santa Mickey Cupcake and Frozen Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa have presumably made the nice list, as they’ve returned to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for this year’s holiday season.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro talked with EW about the Indiana Jones reimagining of the DINOSAUR ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Exterior branding and signage have been installed at eet by Maneet Chauhan, a new restaurant opening soon in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The giant Christmas tree has arrived at the lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for the 2023 holiday season.
- If you’re already starting your holiday shopping, and Loungeflys are on your list, it would be well worth your time to check out the discounts currently being offered on select styles on Amazon.
- Two more gingerbread ornaments have joined the 2023 gingerbread house collection at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Genie+ service, which replaced the complimentary FastPass+ at Walt Disney World, has returned to its highest price point ahead of the Thanksgiving weekend.
- A lamppost fell over in the town square of Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland this morning, injuring at least two guests.
- According to Anaheim Fire & Rescue, three were injured when a lamppost fell at Disneyland this morning and wind is believed to be the cause.
- A new pre-show inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ upcoming feature film, “Wish,” has debuted ahead of “World of Color – Season of Light” at Disney California Adventure.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- World of Frozen in Hong Kong Disneyland is officially open! We were able to ride the land’s version of Frozen Ever After and get photos and video.
Entertainment and Media
- Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn products were supposed to be released at 10:30 a.m. ET Monday morning on the Ravensburger online store. The launch date was postponed shortly before the intended release.
- Ravensburger, the company behind the popular Disney Lorcana trading card game, was the victim of an “extremely large” distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack on November 20, the same day they opened pre-sales for Disney Lorcana: Rise of the Floodborn products on their website.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!