We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, December 20, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Guests hoping to purchase Genie+ for Magic Kingdom today will be in for a surprise as the service sold out for Wednesday, December 20, 2023.
- If you were waiting to get your hands on the first-ever “Figment” Little Golden book, you can head to EPCOT now, as it has been released nearly two weeks ahead of schedule.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- One of the most popular attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, is closing in January 2024 for scheduled maintenance.
- Later in the afternoon, we got an updated timeframe for when Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is expected to reopen.
- Since our last construction update, crews have painted the new structure on Grand Avenue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with primer.
- A new water bottle refill station has been installed near the entrance of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Thatched roofing has been added to the ends of what is thought to be a new covered seating area in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- “Drawn to Life,” the Disney and Cirque du Soleil live acrobatic show performing at Disney Springs now has a new finale.
- Match with your whole family with this new Happy New Year shirt available for both adults and children at Walt Disney World.
- New large black and red Walt Disney World-branded tote bags are now available to add some subtle park style to your look.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Another Friendship Boat at Walt Disney World has debuted a new blue color scheme.
- Today, a new pop-up message has been added to the My Disney Experience mobile app to clarify and warn users about in-app purchases.
- Walt Disney World has released a list of Bonus Reservation Dates for the start of the new year.
- Just shy of a year after the radio house at the New Orleans Square train station in Disneyland Park caught fire, scrim has been removed from around the structure.
- Officially opened to the public December 20, 2023, Zootopia at Shanghai Disney Resort is the first-ever Zootopia-inspired area to come to a Disney Park.
Disney Cruise Line
- Guests intending to remain Castaway Club Members will have to follow new terms after Disney Cruise Line made adjustments to the membership qualifications.
Entertainment and Media
- Following the release of the reprint of Disney Lorcana: The First Chapter, market prices are dropping for the first and second chapters of the game.
- A new report from Deadline shares that Disney plans to integrate programming on Star+ service in Latin America into Disney+, eventually shuttering the former.
WDW News Today
Watching the Lesser Known Muppets Christmas Movie: A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa on Disney+!
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!