PHOTOS: First Look at the Magic Kingdom Reopening Arrival Experience and a Walk Down Main Street to Cinderella Castle

Welcome back to the Magic Kingdom! It’s been an eventful morning as we’ve gone through the new temperature screening process, taken a ride on a socially-distanced Monorail, and finally arrived at the Most Magical Place on Earth.

Guests scurried down the ramp as they disembarked the Express Monorail, eager to get to the Magic Kingdom gates for Cast Member previews this morning.

As you arrive, Cast Members in face shields and face coverings welcome you back to the magic. Essential Cast Members have been on hand to ensure that landscaping and park maintenance were kept up throughout the extended closure.

It’s an emotional sight as you walk up to the train station and iconic Mickey flower bed.

Social distancing markers are set out on the floor extending from the park entrance. Given the low crowds and limited capacity this morning for Cast Member previews, we didn’t see any lines forming.

Cast Members are equipped with iPads to check in guests with preview confirmations.

And once again, Roy and Minnie welcome back guests to the Magic Kingdom.

As we continue our walk down Main Street, U.S.A., we spot the newly-refinished Cinderella Castle, debuting colors of royal blue and rose gold, gleaming in the morning sun. A slight relief from previous aerial photos that showed a bright pink castle, the colors seem much more subdued and classic in person.

Cast Members from the Main Street Bakery eagerly waved at guests, welcoming them back.

Final touches are still being added to Cinderella Castle, on schedule to be completed by late summer, despite the extended closure.

We hope these images back at the Magic Kingdom bring an extra dose of magic to your day! Stay tuned as we cover even more reopening previews, as well as the official reopenings later this week.

2.9 7 votes
Kimberley S.
4 months ago

I’m so glad you have been able to open! We look forward to arriving in September.

raze
raze
4 months ago

I was mulling this thought.. Isn’t it actually Prince Charming’s castle? Cinderella married into royalty, the castle existed while she was living with her stepmother. Doubt he’d agree that pink was his color. =D

nunyabizness
nunyabizness
Reply to  raze

Well back in the day, pink & red were considered more masculine colors (read: strong, dominant) while blue was considered more feminine.

Randy
Randy
Reply to  nunyabizness

I don’t know about pink, but I know purple was traditionally a color associated with royalty, it was a color only allowed for use by kings and queens.

Hiba
Hiba
Reply to  raze

My dad always said in reference to my mom: “What’s mine is hers, and what’s hers is hers.”
(Instead of what’s mine is hers and what’s hers is mine.) 🤪

Nancy S.
Nancy S.
4 months ago

Please do not re-open WDW yet, it is not safe. It is so scary to see an older cast member is a face shield.

Benjamin Holleman
Benjamin Holleman
4 months ago

Glad they’ve reopened, thank you for the article!

David Mc
David Mc
4 months ago

Wow, I’m not sure what I think of the bright blue on the castle… Looks like they forgot to remove the painters tape.

Hiba
Hiba
Reply to  David Mc

The bright blue reminds me of sleeping beauty.

Hiba
Hiba
4 months ago

I’m really surprised they’re opening to be honest. Up here in the tri-state area, we shut everything down as soon as our huge wave started. Pennsylvania (my home state), was proactive and followed what we did up here and they were therefore, fortunately, not hit as hard. Florida, among other states, are just now getting hit as bad as we were. With hospital capacity the way it is, staff are going to have to choose who lives versus who dies. I love WDW and we were planning (prior to all of this) a big hurrah trip there in February as… Read more »

Emily
Emily
4 months ago

I don’t think Disney should open. It is not safe and won’t be for a while. Disney has the money to protect their cast members but refuses to. Disney sucks. Never been more disappointed in my life

Gloria
Gloria
4 months ago

Its so eerie to see an almost empty main street and cast members with face masks on. I so wish that Disney World wasnt opening yet because Florida isin the extreme depths of this virus and so many people just wanting to enjoy life a little are going to become sick going to what was the happiest place on earth but could now spell their doom. This is so sad.