We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Last night’s fireworks testing at the Magic Kingdom revealed a preview of new additions to Disney Enchantment in honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World.
- Guests will be able to dive deeper into two EPCOT offerings when Behind the Seeds and EPCOT Seas Adventures resume tours on October 2.
- Say “¡Feliz cumpleaños!” to Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort with a new pin celebrating its 25th anniversary at Panchito’s Gifts and Sundries!
- If you’re a fan of classic Disney rides, you’re going to love this attractions dress we found today in Walt Disney World.
- Figment is featured on a new necklace available at Walt Disney World.
- The Haunted Mansion’s at-large medium, Madame Leota, certainly calls in the spirits on this new dress now available at Walt Disney World.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Musician Kal David, who voiced Sonny Eclipse for Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in the Magic Kingdom, has passed away at the age of 79.
- You can plan your next Disney Parks trip using the 2023 calendar by photographer Matthew Cooper.
- Disneyland Resort will allow renewals for Magic Key passes starting August 18.
- As renewals for Magic Key passes resume this week for the Disneyland Resort, language has been added to the terms and conditions regarding class action lawsuits and park pass reservations.
- Hey there, hi there, ho there! We headed down to the Disneyland Resort to check out the first wave of Halloween merchandise that has hit the park. So join us for this photo report from Disneyland and Downtown Disney.
Disney Cruise Line
- See our in-depth review of Hook’s Barbery on the Disney Wish.
Entertainment and Media
- Musician Tom Ameen has released another Disney-inspired album titled “The Softer Side of Magic” with soothing piano compositions of Disney songs.
- A hedge fund manager with a significant stake in The Walt Disney Company has sent a letter to CEO Bob Chapek to spin off ESPN and fold Hulu into Disney+.
- Bert & Bertie (“Hawkeye”) have been hired as directors for a movie inspired by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Following backlash that an episode of “Bluey” didn’t premiere with the new season, Disney+ has promised to “reevaluate” their Standards & Practices.
The Walt Disney Company
- A new ad has been released to show off the ideas behind Storyliving by Disney.
- Mickey Mouse is ready for takeoff on Walt Disney’s plane in a new Funko POP! coming to the 2022 D23 Expo.
- Ahead of its release tomorrow, shopDisney has made a statement about the name on the “Disney’s Electrical Light Parade” MagicBand+.
WDW News Today
The Disney+ Ad-Supported Tier and She-Hulk Now Has a Tinder Profile? – Disney Entertainment News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!