We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, December 18, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Magic Kingdom is celebrating the end of 2022 and the beginning of 2023 with the annual “Fantasy in the Sky” New Year’s Eve fireworks, and we have a full video from this evening.
- A number of lights have been affixed to truss towers and placed throughout World Showcase ahead of EPCOT’s New Years Eve celebration this Sunday evening.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster may be rethemed after a woman who claims Steven Tyler assaulted her when she was a minor in the 1970s has filed a lawsuit against the Aerosmith lead singer,
- Sosa Family Cigar Co. in Disney Springs will permanently close on January 2, 2023.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Explicit photos of male genitalia are again popping up around Walt Disney World.
- As previously reported, the “feature” (or main) pools will be closing for refurbishment at three Walt Disney World Resorts in January 2023.
- New X-Wing pilot jackets and a long-sleeved shirt are now available at the merchandise carts near Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Disney has shared a first look at the retro runDisney merchandise collections that will be available during the 2023 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by State Farm.
- A new Loungefly mini backpack featuring Figment watering succulents is coming soon to Disney Parks and shopDisney.
- The Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Grand Finale Spirit Jersey has arrived.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park will be closed all day on Sunday, January 8, 2023, so the park can be used for the Walt Disney World Marathon.
- Walt Disney World College Program Cast Member Marisia Burton is currently missing and her family is asking for any information regarding her whereabouts.
- Early registration has opened and general registration will open in a week for the Disney Vacation Club member-exclusive Moonlight Magic events at Disney California Adventure beginning in February 2023.
- For the first time, “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” on ABC will include performances from the Disneyland Resort, including a sneak peek at “World of Color – ONE.”
- Early morning on December 29, a small fire broke out near the New Orleans Square Railroad Station in Disneyland Park. Now, Disneyland has released a statement about the incident.
Entertainment and Media
- ABC News has reported the death of correspondent Barbara Walters at age 93.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!