The Cilantro Urban Eatery food truck has returned to Disney Springs, apparently for a permanent engagement.
Cilantro Urban Eatery
The food truck has previously appeared for limited-time engagements. These were tests before the truck permanently moved into the Exposition Park area, between Starbucks and the future location of Summer House on the Lake.
The family-owned business teased a new location on their Instagram earlier today, announcing later in the evening that they would now be open daily at Disney Springs.
Cilantro Urban Eatery replaces the Disney-owned mac and cheese food truck. It seems Disney is trying to move third-party food trucks into the park.
The other more permanent food trucks in this area are 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck and Local Green Orlando, which arrived last year.
The Cilantro Urban Eatery food truck has not yet re-opened, though here is the posted menu:
- Pabellon-Ropa Vieja – $16: Venezualan national dish. Shredded flank steak braised in tomato juice, onions and peppers with white rice, black beans and sweet plantains.
- The Sandwich Cubano – $15: Mojo roasted pork-lechon, ham, swiss cheese, sweet pickles, mustard on pressed Cuban bread, with plantain chips and cilantro-avocado mayo dip.
- Arepa Encantada – $10: Two South American gluten free white corn cakes. Stuffed with mozzarella cheese and cilantro-avocado mayo dip.
- Puerto-rrito! – $14: Marinated roasted pork-pernil, white rice, black beans, sweet plantains, chipotle mayo, wrapped and pressed inside a flour tortilla, with plantain chips and cilantro-avocado mayo.
- Chicken Tostadas – $13: Roasted adobo chicken, black beans, queso fresco, pickled red onions, chipotle mayo, cilantro-avocado mayo, over two crispy corn tortillas.
- Bottled sodas – $5
- Dasani bottled water – $4
Are you excited to visit the Cilantro Urban Eatery food truck? Let us know in the comments.
Other Disney Springs News
Summer House on the Lake is coming soon to Disney Springs. The new West Side restaurant will be across from Pelé Soccer and Salt & Straw, right beside Exposition Park. The site was once home to Bongo’s Cuban Cafe, but the old restaurant was completely demolished. Summer House on the Lake was announced in the summer of 2022, taking over the space formerly planned for Beatrix Restaurant. Disney and Lettuce Entertain You had previously announced that Beatrix was merely “on hold,” though it seems they decided not to go forward with that particular project. Lettuce Entertain You is the owner of both Beatrix and Summer House Santa Monica, which are both considered Chicago staples.
This month at Gideon’s Bakehouse in Disney Springs, guests can try the new Sea Turtle Cookie. The limited-time cookie is made of premium chocolate, homemade caramel, whole candied pecans, and their signature sea salt. Read our review of the Sea Turtle Cookie.
A Corkcicle shop opened in April at Disney Springs. The brand is known for selling colorful insulated drinkware and accessories with products ranging between $29.99 and $49.99. Corkcicle’s product line includes insulated tumblers, water bottles, stemless barware, and coolers that are easily portable.
Disney Springs is also celebrating Pride Month with limited-time decorations this June.
What’s your favorite food truck at Disney Springs, or the newest update you’re most excited about? Let us know in the comments.