We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, July 28, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World has announced the location of the Hatbox Ghost in the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom. The ghost will materialize in the attraction later this year and guests will soon see temporary barriers set up for his arrival.
- More details have been released about the new “Smellephants on Parade” experience coming to Storybook Circus in Magic Kingdom.
- Just a week before the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival opened, BeaverTails were removed from the Refreshment Port menu with no explanation as to why. While we’re disappointed, at least the Refreshment Port has a specialty poutine and beer to make us feel better.
- Shimmering Sips, hosted by Corkcicle, returns to the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival in style, with a slew of mimosas on the menu (including a brand-new berry mimosa!) and a sweet treat for dessert.
- Back for another year at the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival is the Canada marketplace. While the menu may look familiar to guests who attended the festival last year, if you take a closer look, you’ll notice the iconic Filet Mignon dish is now served with mashed potatoes, along with the sauce and mushrooms.
- Australia marketplace lovers rejoice as the Lamington has returned! This yellow cake was one of our favorite desserts last year, and we’re ecstatic to see it returned for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. Along with the Lamington, the Roasted Lamb Chop and Bush Berry Shrimp also returned, along with a couple of different Australian wines.
- Similar to the Flower & Garden festival, for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, a special alcoholic beverage has been added to the menu at Connections Eatery. If you wander over, you’ll be able to try the Yucatan Sunset Margarita, which has flavors of passion fruit, lime, and orange juice!
- Living With the Land at EPCOT has a new hydroponics system in the vertical growing section.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Haunted Mansion treats have arrived at Walt Disney World Resort in honor of the new film. At Scat Cat’s Club in Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, guests will find new Mickey-shaped Haunted Mansion beignets, as well as the Playful Spirits Margarita.
- Walt Disney World has a new Hatbox Ghost Pandora charm available in Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom, the park’s Pandora location.
- Walt Disney World is getting ready for fall with a new autumn leaves ear headband, which we found at Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar (the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop) at Magic Kingdom.
- A new Haunted Mansion wallpaper Loungefly Drawstring Backpack is available at Walt Disney World Resort amidst an influx of merchandise inspired by the classic attraction.
- Walt Disney World has new personalized Haunted Mansion leather bracelets and keychains available at the station in Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar, a.k.a. the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop at Magic Kingdom.
- With spooky season just a few weeks away, new glow-in-the-dark Halloween merchandise is beginning to arrive at Walt Disney World. We found a Halloween ear headband, Loungefly mini backpack, and ball caps at Discovery Trading Co. in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has announced new (and old) Haunted Mansion treats that will be available throughout the resort this weekend in honor of the new film, now in theaters. These items will presumably only be available for a limited time, but exact dates were not announced.
- The “Haunted Mansion” Hatbox Ghost sipper has arrived at Disneyland Resort in honor of the new film now in theaters.
- Disney Parks has shared a look at the top of Tiana’s Palace, featuring the restaurant’s completed marquee and riverboat-inspired smokestacks and wheelhouse.
- Café Orleans in Disneyland is currently offering a prix fixe Haunted Mansion meal with a choice of appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink, and we gave it all a try.
- New San Fransokyo Square trash cans have arrived in Pacific Wharf as the Disney California Adventure land is re-themed to “Big Hero 6.”
- The Disney Careers website has posted a new casting call for a solo jazz pianist to portray Joe Gardner from Disney-Pixar’s animated film, “Soul.”
Entertainment and Media
- With the “Haunted Mansion” film finally hitting theaters after over a decade in and out of development, director Justin Simien has addressed just how involved Guillermo del Toro was on the film.
- Sony Pictures’ highly anticipated film “Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse,” has been removed from its upcoming release calendar due to the ongoing work stoppage related to the SAG-AFTRA strike.
- Star Wars: Unlimited has provided a breakdown of gameplay with the Heroism and Villainy aspects, two of six aspects that can shape your deck.
- Donald Glover and his brother Stephen Glover have both signed on to write Lucasfilm’s long-awaited “Lando” series for Disney+.
- The animated shorts series “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse,” previously just known as “Mickey Mouse,” has come to an end with today’s final episode, “Steamboat Silly.”
- Disney+ has released a new “Loki” season 2 poster featuring the God of Mischief and the TVA’s Miss Minutes mascot.
The Walt Disney Company
- After a hearing earlier this month, Judge Margaret H. Schreiber has ruled to not dismiss the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors’ lawsuit against The Walt Disney Company.
- Internationally-respected Disney historian Jim Korkis has passed away at the age of 72 after suffering a series of serious medical issues.
WDW News Today
Dragon Won’t Return to Fantasmic!, WDW Botches Addition of Hatbox Ghost, Ruins Fort Wilderness
‘Be Our Guest’ Spectacle of Light Show Returns for EPCOT Food & Wine 2023
REVIEW: Trying Every Food & Drink Item in San Fransokyo Square with Big Hero Tom
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!