Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, here’s WDWNT’s weekly recap of this week’s Disney news!
Walt Disney World
- Check out Tom’s Top 7 Christmas Stuff you can’t see anymore at Disney World!
- We bring you the very best in crowds, crowd control, and the latest sweet treats in this WDWNT Photo Report from 12/27.
- We tried the practically imperfect Spoonful of Sugar Cupcake from Main Street Bakery so you wouldn’t have to.
- Cinderella’s Royal Carriage is now available for a photo-op near the Prince Charming Regal Carrousel for a limited time only. (Then it turns back into a pumpkin.)
- Check out the full lineup of musical acts announced for the Garden Rocks Concert Series at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, now with seven (yeah, seven!) shows scheduled each week!
- So apparently Buzzy was missing his clothes and his custom rubber hands when stolen… which means someone walked out of Epcot with a naked robot child.
- We bring you a new snack market and Toy Story Christmas decorations (that barely made it in time for Christmas) in this WDWNT Photo Report from 12/24!
- A brand new guest experience is launching at Disney’s Animal Kingdom involving two veteran donkeys.
- There’s new merch and more importantly, new construction walls at Animal Kingdom and we bring you the best of both those worlds in this WDWNT Photo Report from 12/28.
- Morning Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom have been rescheduled from Monday, December 31, 2018 to Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
- Aristocrepes now offers cookie dough flights and they’re vegan! (Just stay away from the crème de la crème à la Edgar…)
- Wine Bar George be poppin’ bottles with BOGO champagne on New Year’s Day!
- Sprinkles released their New Year’s Eve Champagne cupcake, complete with built-in Pop Rocks!
Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
- Contempo Café’s new Purple Potion Minnie Ear cupcake is cute, sparkly, and delicious!
- Check out what Christmas Eve at Disneyland Resort is like and what the crowds really look like.
- Here’s one author’s park experience going on Christmas morning.
- The Tropical Hideaway is now offering bacon-topped Dole Whips and we’re strangely okay with that.
- We’ve got a Disneyland Holiday Survival Guide for you to bookmark for next year!
- The Matterhorn is sporting a refreshed look and an updated new entrance!
- We bring you a tour of the Christmas Trees of Disneyland Park!
- New key chains have made their way into Main Street’s Emporium store!
Disney California Adventure:
- These amazing Classic Attractions Minnie Ears were released just in time for 2019 and we spotted a full rack at Oswald’s.
- World of Disney has finally rolled out the new 2019 logo merchandise at the Disneyland Resort.
Disneyland Paris Resort:
- There’s a new Starspeeder 1000 figurine available at Star Traders! Star Tours 1401, you are cleared for departure!
Tokyo Disneyland Resort:
- Check out this WDWNT Photo Report of all the Christmas highlights at Tokyo Disneyland, including front-row parade pics!
Disney Vacation Club:
- The Top of the World Lounge will now be used for a paid DVC add-on event, leading members to worry about general access to the lounge.
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club:
- As part of D23’s 10th anniversary, D23 Gold Members will receive a gilded pin set inside a commemorative tin!
- These beautiful Aulani Minnie Ears are now available on shopDisney!
- If you enjoyed the Mickey Memories collection this year, you’ll love the new Disney Wisdom monthly collectible series for 2019.
- There are still some TOMS x Disney shoes and sunglasses available on clearance!
- Cath Kidston also has some cute Mickey mugs and accessories still on sale.
- “Up” Minnie Ear headbands were spotted at Disneyland and WDW! Squirrel!
- The new Hasbro and Lucasfilm Magic of Star Wars toy line brings classic Star Wars toys to young padawans.
- New polka-dotted Minnie Ears were “spotted” at Epcot. (Yes, more new ears.)
- Disneyland and Walt Disney World now have new 2019 light-up headbands available for purchase.
- Disney released new behind-the-scenes footage of Star Wars – Galaxy’s Edge! [screaming intensifies]
- This Disneyland Paris ad about a little duck meeting his idol was the real reason we were all crying on Christmas.
- According to Disney Studios President of Production Sean Bailey, The Lion King will not be a shot-for-shot remake.
- Insomniac Games has released a surprise update for Spider-Man PS4 that includes the “Tobey Maguire” suit from the original Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy.
- Leaked poster art for Toy Story 4 reveals a completely new look for Bo Peep!
- Instagram user “the.cursed.prince” has posted artwork reportedly from the highly-anticipated sequel to Frozen, featuring Anna and Elsa in new outfits, and Anna in a new hairdo.
- Check out our Top 5 Marvel Movies… so far.
- Join Tyler and Thomas from the Ride Rehab Podcast as they watch the Walt Disney World Christmas Special from 1978!
- ParksCenter covered this year’s Disney highs and lows with a whole year condensed into 7 topics!
- We love showing lots of Imagineering love on here. Check out our picks for the Top 5 Tony Baxter projects!
- Check out these Top 3 Disney details in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom!
- We’ve got tips to get the best seats in the house at any ride or attraction in this installment of Romantic Disney!
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Be sure to check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!