We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, March 28, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney Imagineer Zach Riddley has revealed more of the Connections Café and Eatery flooring inspired by Walt Disney’s original “Florida Project” plans.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Last week, we reported that the “Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular” had added an evening showtime in place of a late afternoon showtime. Now, it seems the schedule has been reversed back.
- The delicious Boozy Bunny will hop into The Ganachery again this year for Easter.
- As Salt & Straw prepares to open at Disney Springs, construction continues on the exterior of the ice cream shop.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Today, New York-based real estate giant Tishman bought the 400-room Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek for $120.5 million.
- We took a look at the ongoing construction of the new Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Refurbishments will begin on the standard hotel rooms across the other buildings at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa that will match the new designs in the new Disney Vacation Club Villas.
- The lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is also slated for a new “modern” remodel.
Other Walt Disney World News
- According to current participants in the Walt Disney World Disney College Program, Disney has been denying special housing accommodations for Cast Members with disabilities.
- The new 50th Anniversary Walt Disney World x Coach collection dropped today, which includes four new ear headbands, bags, wallets, and more.
- We stopped by Disney’s Art of Animation Resort recently, where we found two new rashguards by Spirit Jersey to help protect kids from the Florida sun.
- Check out today’s merchandise roundup!
- According to the Disneyland Resort website and app, Space Mountain will be closed on April 28, 2022, and reopen as Hyperspace Mountain on April 29 for a limited time.
- A new Loungefly mini backpack featuring Olaf and Bruni from “Frozen 2” is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- Work continues on the reimagining of Downtown Disney at Disneyland. Only a few scraps of metal can be found where the AMC Theater once stood.
- We came across these new Star Wars action figure sets on a recent trip to Disneyland. One set has galactic creatures, while the other has characters from the First Order.
- We spotted this raincoat inspired by characters from “it’s a small world” on a recent shopping trip at Disneyland.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Two new park garbage can replicas for use at home were released at at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.
- In honor of the resort’s 30th anniversary on April 12, Disneyland Paris will host nine Walt Disney Imagineers who worked on the design of the resort for a live broadcast on YouTube.
- The Phantom Manor figure by Kevin & Jody announced last year will finally be on sale at Disneyland Paris this Wednesday, March 30.
- Now that Safe Travels restrictions have ended for travelers coming to Hawai’i, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, is no longer requiring face masks for fully vaccinated guests indoors.
Entertainment and Media
- This summer, runDisney will be hosting a series of virtual 5K races inspired by “Frozen.”
- Several films from Disney-owned studios took home Oscars last night at the 94th Academy Awards. After receiving 27 nominations, five Disney-owned films took home a combined total of six awards.
The Walt Disney Company
- Today, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed the controversial “Don’t Say Gay” bill, a.k.a. HB 1557 or the Parental Rights in Education bill, into law. The Walt Disney Company released a statement in response.
WDW News Today
- We are hiring a Part-time Night and Weekend Editor. Click here to apply!
INK & PAINT: Four Years Since the Wench Auction Scene Change
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!