We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, November 11, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Good morning and happy Monday from Magic Kingdom! Join us for a photo report from November 7.
- A new Enchanted Tiki Room-themed Pierre Mon Ami Float joined the lineup at Aloha Isle.
- Before Hurricane Nicole hit Florida, we took a ride on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover in Magic Kingdom to see progress on the construction of TRON Lightcycle / Run and found new themed elements installed.
- During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom, Mad Tea Party gets a festive “spin.”
- We’ve put together a full guide of everything at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, from food to fireworks to character greetings.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2022 is almost completely sold out with only three dates still available.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rosie’s All-American Café is featuring the new Santa Mickey Mouse Cupcake alongside the returning Frozen Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa.
- The Santa Claus motorcade is back for another holiday season at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Christmas popcorn mix and Mickey Mouse brownie have returned to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We spotted Chip ‘n Dale and Jessie dressed up for the holidays at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Sleigh a cappella group is now performing at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the 2022 holiday season.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The 2022 holiday season has officially arrived at Walt Disney World, and one of our favorite offerings has returned: Merry Menagerie!
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- This year’s gingerbread display has opened at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- In celebration of Mary Blair’s influence on Disney’s Contemporary Resort, this year’s gingerbread castle is themed to “it’s a small world” with hidden five legged goats. They’re also selling a five legged goat cookie, which we had to get.
- A sweet new holiday Loungefly mini backpack is available at Walt Disney World.
- New Magic Kingdom map merchandise has debuted as part of the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary Vault Collection.
- A Mickey snow globe sipper is available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the 2022 holiday season.
- Walt Disney World is teasing a new Annual Passholder magnet featuring Minnie Mouse that is coming soon.
- Guests can receive a complimentary Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser reflective shield with the purchase of a legacy lightsaber hilt at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Last year’s light-up golden Christmas tree popcorn bucket is available at Walt Disney World again.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World will continue to waive cancellation fees through November 17 due to the impact of Hurricane Nicole.
- The holiday season has officially begun at Disneyland Resort, and “it’s a small world” Holiday is back for another year of festivities. This year, two dolls with wheelchairs were also added to the ride as part of Disney’s ongoing diversity initiative.
- A new Christmas Parade Reindeer sipper is now available at Disneyland Resort for the holiday season.
- We already got to try the new Flavors of Wakanda food booth, so next on our list was the Shuri’s Panther Gauntlet beverage holder.
- Multiple new tumblers have debuted, and they will have you ready to decorate that Christmas tree in no time.
- As part of the celebration of “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” at Disney California Adventure, guests can pick up a souvenir giant Black Panther Coca-Cola can from Pym Tasting Lab in Avengers Campus.
- Mickey, Minnie, and all their friends are now appearing in holiday outfits at Disneyland Park.
- The Atomic Pretzel, a new soft pretzel featuring flavors of fall is available at Pym Test Kitchen in Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure.
- New blue and white Mickey-shaped jingle bell glow cubes have debuted for the season.
- Now you can pick up a holiday Kermit straw clip while you visit Disneyland.
- The Black Panther Celebration Garden has opened near Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure as part of celebrations of “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” which hit theaters today, November 11.
- Shawarma Palace in Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure is celebrating the Flavors of Wakanda with the new Wakandan Roasted Pork Wrap.
- To celebrate the release of “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” new offerings will be available at Disneyland Paris.
Entertainment and Media
- Earlier this week, Studio Ghibli shared a video of their logo and the Lucasfilm logo, implying the two studios would be collaborating on a project. Now Ghibli has shared another teaser on Twitter, this time of a Grogu figurine.
- Confirming our earlier reports, Studio Ghibli and Lucasfilm have collaborated on a new hand-drawn animated short called “Zen – Grogu and Dust Bunnies.”
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney is planning a targeted hiring freeze and job cuts, according to a memo from CEO Bob Chapek.
WDW News Today
- WDWNT’s Joe Hogarty reviews the latest Marvel film, “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.”
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!