We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, November 16, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- The entrance to the upcoming TRON Lightcycle / Run roller coaster has been lit, showcasing the themed elements that transport guests into The Grid.
- Get ready for your taste buds to blast off! Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe is now home to the new Rocket Hot Chicken Sandwich.
- The perks keep rolling in for Annual Passholders at Walt Disney World. New golden tapstiles have replaced the silver ones in the Annual Passholder entry lane at Magic Kingdom.
- An intoxicated Florida man chugged two beers in less than 30 seconds at the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival. It would not take long for the rest of his visit to Disney World to unravel.
- It’s the time of year again for the Christmas Tree Stroll to return at Disney Springs, back for its third wonderful year! Now through December 30, you can stroll past all of these lovely Christmas trees around Disney Springs.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney has released more details about the 80 acres they are contributing to an affordable housing development in Central Florida.
- Even though Blizzard Beach Water Park just reopened on November 13, it will be closed November 17 – 18 due to colder weather.
- Disney has announced when “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” and the “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade” will air, as well as the lineup of entertainment and sneak peeks during the programs.
- The Boudin bread cart has brought back three seasonally-themed sourdough breads, including ones shaped like a snowman and candy cane, as well as a Christmas tree-shaped pull-apart bread.
- Disneyland Resort will resume selling Magic Key Passes today.
- The virtual queue to purchase a new Magic Key Pass is officially open. Disneyland Resort is utilizing an online waiting room, where the current wait time is over an hour.
- The French Market Restaurant at Disneyland has two holiday items this year: the returning Haunted Mansion cake and a new Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
- This past Friday, “Believe… in Holiday Magic” nighttime fireworks show returned to Disneyland for the holiday season. The show, which runs through January 8, 2023, is a pyrotechnical spectacle. The sky overhead Sleeping Beauty Castle lights up with a colorful display of fireworks.
- Life Day celebrations are underway on Batuu, and the crew at Docking Bay 7 is serving two new seasonal dishes: Trandoshan-style Pasta with Braised Bantha and Yobshrimp Mix Stew with Swamp Greens.
- A new winter drink has debuted in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland. Ronto Roasters is now serving the non-alcoholic Destran Ice Cap.
- Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland at Disneyland park is serving up an aptly-named Cup of Cheer alongside a Cranberry BBQ Chicken Sandwich and Christmas Punch for the holidays this year.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- In the final buildup to Tokyo Disney Resort’s exciting 40th Anniversary “Dream-Go-Round” celebration in April, the Oriental Land Company has announced what may be the final Minnie-centric winter event. Starting in January, guests can enjoy Minnie Besties Bash! at both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.
- Shanghai Disney Resort shut down on Halloween due to a COVID-19 outbreak. The resort has announced that they are ready to begin a phased reopening.
Disney Cruise Line
- We previously reported a rumor that stating that the Global Dream, a 19 story vessel filled with amenities, could be in negotiations for completion by Disney Cruise Line and Meyer Werft.
WDW News Today
Disney Buys Existing MEGASHIP For Disney Cruise Line Fleet, Ticket & Annual Pass Prices Increased At Disney World
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!