We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, December 14, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- After months of testing at various speeds and intervals, TRON Lightcycle / Run at the Magic Kingdom has begun testing with people.
- A new archway has been installed near the entrance to the coaster as well.
- Rumor has it that the lockers at the upcoming coaster will open from sides and be accessed via MagicBand and the My Disney Experience app.
- Disney has released a sneak peek of the new Figment merchandise coming soon to the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- They also announced some of the artists that will be featured at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts from January 13 through February 20, 2023.
- We also got the full list of food studios that will be available at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- Finally, Disney also revealed the items that will be part of the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine scavenger hunt at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- A physical fight broke out during “Harmonious” last night on the World Showcase Promenade.
- On our mission to complete the new DuckTales World Showcase Adventure game, we headed to the United Kingdom pavilion. The new game utilizes the Play Disney Parks app to take guests around six World Showcase pavilions to uncover the Plunders of the World alongside the DuckTales team.
- We also experienced the Mexico missions of DuckTales World Showcase Adventure.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Though it was previously supposed to open before the end of 2022, Disney has announced that Roundup Rodeo BBQ will open in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in spring 2023.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Though demand for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is falling, one early 2023 voyage has sold out.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be closed on November 27 and 28, 2023 (a few days after Thanksgiving).
- Disney has installed their new interactive smart television systems in the rooms of Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- A new update to the My Disney Experience app for Walt Disney World guests appears to be the addition of a new virtual assistant chatbot to answer basic questions about the resort.
- Just a couple of weeks ago, we revealed Radiator Springs Racers would go down for an indefinite refurbishment in January 2023. But you Radiator Springs locals can rest easy, we’ve figured out just how short of a refurbishment this will be!
Disney Cruise Line
- National Geographic will air “Making the Disney Wish: Disney’s Newest Cruise Ship,” a new documentary, at 9:00 p.m. on December 24, 2022.
Entertainment and Media
- Merry Christmas to all, and to all another season of Tim Allen! That’s right, “The Santa Clauses,” sequel series to “The Santa Clause” trilogy on Disney+ has officially been renewed for a second season.
The Walt Disney Company
- The US government’s Library of Congress has added two Disney films to the National Film Registry: “Iron Man” (2008) and “The Little Mermaid” (1989).
- Recently, a Florida State Representative gave a five-minute interview on the cable channel Newsmax in which he criticized Disney for closing Splash Mountain at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- It’s with heavy hearts that we report the death of Stephen “tWitch” Boss, co-host of Disney Fairy Tale Weddings, choreographer, and DJ.
WDW News Today
Guests Brawl To Hunchback Music, Man Tackled During Parade – NewsToday 12/14
We’re Talking About Star Wars Andor Season One on Disney+! – Deep in the Plus
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!