We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- “it’s a small world” now features its first audio-animatronic doll in a wheelchair to better reflect all children from around the globe.
- The Florida Fresh outdoor kitchen debuted one of the worst dishes we tried during the first day of the 2023 EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival.
- We kicked off the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival with the first look at the Festival Passport.
- A new Princess Tiana topiary has debuted at the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- A new Orange Bird sipper is available at The Citrus Blossom in the Odyssey Pavilion.
- The Odyssey Pavilion at EPCOT has been transformed into The Citrus Blossom featuring Orange Bird for the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2023.
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration is a scavenger hunt throughout World Showcase with eight prizes available for this year’s festival.
- We decided to give a Breakfast Empanada and Dulce de Leche Cocoa Coffee a try at La Isla Fresca, available as part of the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- If the new Orange Bird sipper wasn’t enough Orange Bird merchandise for you, check out our full review of the Orange Bird Liege Waffle now available at Connections Café.
- Check out our full round-up of photos of every topiary at the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- We’ve prepared a full review of all of the merchandise and food available now at the Citrus Blossom.
- We also have a full review of all of the hearty dishes on the Early Bloom menu at EPCOT Farmers Feast.
- Tangerine Ice Cream has returned to the Refreshment Outpost and we couldn’t wait to give it a try, along with a full review of all of the items available at this booth.
- A Banana Split Funnel Cake has arrived at the Funnel Cake Kiosk for the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- If you’re looking for some fresh dishes with a Mexican flair, check out our full review and photos from Jardin de Fiestas.
- The Land Cart has added a Cookies ‘n “Cream” Chocolate Mousse Cup for the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- We also stopped by for a full review of BRUNCHCOT, the breakfast-themed outdoor kitchen.
- Refreshment Port allowed us to get our first bite of shrimp scampi poutine and a peanut butter and jelly waffle cone.
- We sampled Oxtail, Shrimp Skewers, and other Caribbean flavors in a full review of La Isla Fresca.
- Sunshine Seasons, the year-round counter service restaurant in The Land, is offering festival-goers a Strawberry-Mango Slushy.
- Northern Bloom brings a new chocolate, maple, and whiskey dessert to the Canada pavilion.
- We also reviewed all of the elevated flavors offered by Fleur de Lys near the France pavilion.
- EPCOT is the latest park at the Walt Disney World Resort to have its silver entry tapstiles upgraded to gold.
- We tried Creamy Shrimp Udon alongside Frushi and other treats, now available at Hanami.
- A new “Spectacle of Light” show has debuted in EPCOT, bringing the music of Disney’s “Encanto” to Spaceship Earth as part of the 2023 International Flower & Garden Festival.
- We took the risk and tried out the new menu offered at Primavera Kitchen for the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- A number of character topiaries light the night throughout EPCOT as the 2023 International Flower & Garden Festival officially begins.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- In celebration of the season 3 premiere, the Mandalorian and Grogu made a surprise appearance today in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We caught some up-close photos and videos of infamous Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin and his foundling Grogu when they landed on Batuu in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- If you couldn’t catch today’s appearance, Disney has now announced that the two will continue to make regular appearances in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Guests can find a new Figment collection of merchandise dedicated to the fan-favorite dragon at the 2023 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- Here’s a full list with prices of all the Orange Bird merchandise that debuted today as part of the festival.
- The new Snow White Merchandise Collection is also now available at the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2023, and we’ve shared a full list of the new merch with prices.
- Annual Passholders can get some exclusive merchandise, including a Corkcicle bottle, raglan shirt, and limited-release pin, at the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2023.
- LEGO has officially announced the rumored sets and Minifigures being released for the Disney100 celebration.
- MagicBand+ interaction began today with some of the Disney100 decorations at Disneyland Resort.
- Disney has provided a first look at some of the food items that will be available at Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland when it reopens on March 19.
- The full menu for Good Boy! Grocers, coming to Mickey’s Toontown when it reopens on March 19 was released soon after, offering the first look at prices for quick snack options and ‘Perfect Picnic’ souvenirs.
- We reviewed everything now available at Garlic Kissed ahead of the DCA Food & Wine Festival, including the new Raspberry Limoncello-Ade and Guava-Lychee Mule beverages.
- We also sampled all of the Impossible plant-based dishes that have arrived at Avocado Time ahead of the 2023 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Japanese theme parks have agreed to end mask requirements beginning on March 13 and abolish COVID-19 measures entirely this May.
- Tokyo Disney Resort’s 40th Anniversary “Dream-Go-Round” celebration is almost here, and today the resort finally revealed its massive merchandise line to commemorate the anniversary in Tokyo Disneyland!
Entertainment and Media
- Disney has announced they will release a teaser trailer tomorrow, March 2 for the upcoming “Haunted Mansion” movie.
WDW News Today
NEW “Encanto” Spaceship Earth Spectacle of Light Show for EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!