We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, December 21, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- We saw and heard three Walt Disney World Railroad train engines testing with accompanying audio at Magic Kingdom today.
- Walt Disney World is wasting no time, filing for permits on all three stations around the Magic Kingdom as the railroad’s reopening nears!
- EPCOT fans run, don’t walk. You can now purchase a crystal replica of the iconic EPCOT entrance fountain at Kunstarbeit in Kristall in the Germany Pavilion.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- You can feel the power of the force even more with these select discounted Lightsaber Hilts, which are currently 30% off at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- “Fantasmic!” performances will move by 30 minutes from December 26 to January 7, with the second daily performance technically starting after the park closes.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Construction walls have gone up around a former bell services counter near the site of the former Dundy’s Sundries as development begins for Carousel Coffee, coming to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn in 2023.
- Walt Disney World has released a first look at the 50th Anniversary Grand Finale Collection, the final series of merchandise celebrating “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.” The collection will launch at Walt Disney World in January 2023.
- Today, we found a new Limited Release 25th Anniversary “Anastasia” pin.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The end is near for the 50th anniversary celebrations, and Walt Disney World is already retiring the golden ticket designs. New character ticket designs are now available instead.
- If you were dreaming of a white Christmas at Blizzard Beach this year, it might be time to make other plans — as Disney has announced Blizzard Beach will be closed due to low temperatures.
- Moonlight Magic, a series of exclusive events for Disney Vacation Club members, will begin for 2023 at Disney California Adventure in February.
- One of the offerings is a brand new fireworks spectacular for Disneyland park: Wondrous Journeys, and a preview of the show’s soundtrack has been released.
- Disney has released a new look at details for the upcoming Wondrous Journeys spectacular, including concept art that depicts Sleeping Beauty Castle transforming into the Madrigal’s Casita from “Encanto.”
- In a release today detailing more of what guests can expect from the new show, Disney said, “And in a thrilling moment of heroism, Baymax soars high above Sleeping Beauty Castle inspiring us all to fight for our dreams.”
- Wondrous Journeys is the newest nighttime spectacular coming to Disneyland park. It will debut on January 27, 2023, as part of the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration. Today, Disney released more details for the new show, including a behind the scenes look at some of the scenes and effects.
- The new “World of Color — One” nighttime spectacular is coming to Disney California Adventure on January 27, and it will reportedly feature a “Star Wars” segment.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- As Tokyo Disney Resort’s 40th Anniversary “Dream-Go-Round” celebration inches closer and closer, the Oriental Land Company is introducing a special monthly collection for the first three months of the year. This new “Showcase of Dreams” will commemorate every anniversary of both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea’s openings going all the way back to 1984!
- A new year means a new Duffy merchandise line, and coinciding with Minnie’s Bestie Bash at Tokyo DisneySea, guests can pick up plenty of rustic Duffy & Friends’ Circle of Friendship merchandise at the park starting on January 25!
Entertainment and Media
- In an interview with “The View,” Edie Falco revealed she filmed “Avatar: The Way of Water” so long ago, she thought it must have come out and bombed at the box office in the years since.
WDW News Today
Former Imagineers Criticize Modern “Plain” Hotels, Walt Disney World Railroad Returning Very Soon – NewsToday 12/21
Ranking Marvel Studios Shows, Specials and Shorts on Disney+! – Deep in the Plus
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!