We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, December 29, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- This week, a Haunted Mansion Cast Member at Magic Kingdom showed off a plush rat named “asbestos”, better known as “Abby.” It turns out the plush isn’t just a cute mascot kept by Cast Members — it represents the Haunted Mansion’s crumbling condition.
- The full artist appearance schedule for the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts has been released.
- Tents have been installed and preparations are underway for the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, returning to EPCOT on January 13th.
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year with 2023 pins featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, now available at Walt Disney World.
- Travel the “world” with a new open edition Disney Skyliner pin available at Walt Disney World.
- Star Wars fans should check out this Spirit Jersey we found at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- After more than a year since the first set was released, the 50th Anniversary pin set celebrating Disney’s Animal Kingdom is now available!
Other Walt Disney World News
- Southwest Airlines has announced that their “normal” flight schedule will return tomorrow, December 30.
- Earlier this week, we posted about how cleaning has become a major maintenance issue at Walt Disney World. Today, we noted the sad state of the interior of Monorail Green.
- A fire broke out in New Orleans Square during the period when Disneyland was closed, between the night of December 28 and the early morning hours of December 29.
- Disney has revealed the festival marketplaces that will serve special food and beverages during the 2023 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.
- Disney has announced the list of food marketplaces, including two new booths, that will be at the 2023 Lunar New Year festival in Disney California Adventure.
- Disney Genie+ has sold out for the third day in a row at Disneyland Resort.
- We’re pleased to see ahead of a planned refurbishment a new audio-animatronic for the King Cobra within the Temple of Mara arrive backstage at Disneyland!
Entertainment and Media
The Walt Disney Company
- Though stock for The Walt Disney Company jumped to over $100 when Bob Iger took back the position of CEO, it is now dropping once again.
- D23 has revealed their 2023 Gold Member collector set, which is inspired by the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company.
WDW News Today
Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster Closing Most of 2023, Walt Disney World is Dirtier Than Ever – NewsToday 12/28
Genie+ Sold Out, New Magic Key Benefits, Baymax Will Fly at Disneyland – Disneyland News Today 12/29
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!