We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, December 10, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a separately ticketed event taking place at Magic Kingdom on select nights from November 9 through December 22. We’ve put together a full guide of everything at the party, from food to fireworks to character greetings.
- The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays has returned for 2023 and runs from November 24 through December 30. Between the festival kitchens, entertainment, merchandise, and more, there’s a lot to see and do. We’ve put together a full guide to help you plan your time at EPCOT this holiday season.
- During the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, the park features a small gingerbread display inside The American Adventure rotunda.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney has covered the 50th anniversary medallion on the Frozone statue in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, part of the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection that debuted for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- We have a new update on the covered seating area coming to Harambe Market at Disney’s Animal Kingdom as additional roofing and copper work have been added to the structure.
- Salt & Straw in Disney Springs is offering a limited edition menu of holiday-inspired flavors this month.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- A new refillable mug is now available in pink and blue at Walt Disney World Resort. The mugs are still making their way into all of the hotels, but we found them at El Mercado de Coronado in Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
- If you have an animal and Disney lover in your life, a bag from the new Disney Pets Dooney & Bourke Collection may be just what they need under the tree this Christmas.
- The retro-inspired Disney View-Master 3-D Collector Set we recently spotted at Disneyland Resort has now officially made its way to Walt Disney World.
- Disney pin collectors and Starbucks fans alike will want to get their hands on the new Cinderella Castle Starbucks Walt Disney World Pin we found at Riverside Depot in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Gather around the fire this holiday season and break out one of these Disney100 LEGO sets to have fun with the whole family. From the Walt Disney camera to the DUPLO castle, there’s something for every age.
- This year, we celebrated the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company. You can continue celebrating 100 Years of Wonder with these special plush characters available on Amazon.
- If you’re still looking for the perfect gift for your Disney-loving friend, then check out this Disney100 merchandise available on Amazon, including Mickey and Minnie action figures, playing cards, and books.
- Two new Pirates of the Caribbean phone cases have arrived at Walt Disney World Resort. Sail over to Magic Kingdom and plunder the Emporium or Frontier Trading Post to find these treasures. (Note: we do not actually endorse plundering.)
- Give your Stitch-loving friend or family member a unique plush inspired by the character this Christmas.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will be closed tomorrow, December 11, 2023, due to the cold weather.
- Nick Cannon, the 43-year-old host of “The Masked Singer,” recently said that his annual spend at Disneyland Resort is more than $200,000.
- The Mark Twain Riverboat at Disneyland Park is currently under refurbishment, and it’s making quick progress as it sails toward reopening.
- Whether you’re most looking forward to Disneyland’s Pixar Place Hotel opening in January, Fantasmic! returning in May, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opening, Disney Channel Nite, there’s a lot to celebrate at Disneyland Resort in the upcoming year. This 2024 collection might be the perfect way to show off your excitement.
- Our last construction update at Downtown Disney District saw the early stages of roof installation at Din Tai Fung. When we checked back in this week, we found even more progress on this structure, as well as some other new details in Downtown Disney District.
- Yet another new detail has been added to San Fransokyo Square in Disney California Adventure. The land, which took over what was previously Pacific Wharf, officially opened on August 31, but decorations and other elements are still popping up.
- A new collection of black and gold Dooney & Bourke bags featuring Sleeping Beauty Castle is available at Disneyland Resort.
- Reports indicate that due to the upcoming changes, the classic Haunted Mansion won’t return to Disneyland park until 2025.
- The Festival of Holidays has returned to Disney California Adventure, and we have a full guide for the 2023 holiday season!
Entertainment and Media
- After a world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in June 2023, “Hideo Kojima: Connecting Worlds” will begin streaming on Disney+ in the spring of 2024. The documentary follows famous video game auteur Hideo Kojima as he and his team create the game “Death Stranding,” which was released in 2019, via his new independent studio.
WDW News Today
WATCH PARKSCENTER — EPCOT Opens World Celebration, Luminous Begins, and a First Look Inside the New DVC Cabins
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!