We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Saturday, November 20, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- The Festival of Fantasy parade will be returning to Magic Kingdom.
- “Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire,” a new castle forecourt show, will be debuting in 2022 for the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom.
- It was revealed that Engine 1, the Walter E. Disney, of the Walt Disney World Railroad train received a refurbishment.
- “Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire” will feature a new, original song.
- A new “Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade” will be making its debut at Magic Kingdom next year.
- Imagineer Zach Riddley has shared a behind the scenes look at the creation of a mural coming to the new Connections Café and Eatery.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will open in summer 2022 at EPCOT.
- The poster for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind was revealed.
- Concept art and a name for the new quick service restaurant coming to World Celebration were revealed this morning.
- Two new pieces of concept art of the queue for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind were released.
- At EPCOT, in an area of World Celebration called Dreamer’s Point, a new statue of Walt Disney will be found.
- The performers and schedule for Disney on Broadway at the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Arts were announced.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Fantasmic! has just been announced to return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2022.
- When Fantasmic! returns, it will feature a new segment including Frozen, Aladdin, and Moana.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Finding Nemo: The Big Blue and Beyond, the replacement for Finding Nemo: The Musical, is coming to the Theater in the Wild at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 2022.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The first live demonstration of Disney’s “real” lightsaber took place on stage.
- We recently met a host of new characters coming to Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, and today we were (formally) introduced to Gaya, the singer who will perform during dinner.
- Disney shared a sneak peek at what guests onboard can expect during the lightsaber and bridge training activities.
- Today at Destination D23, the team behind the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser elaborated on the role the Datapad will play on the journey.
- More details about the characters and story aboard the Halcyon were revealed.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Due to the new legislation from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, Walt Disney World has paused their COVID-19 vaccination requirement for Cast Members.
- Imagineers behind Project Exo were invited out onstage to shake hands with Disney Parks President Josh D’Amaro and explain a little more about the project.
- During the Magical Entertainment panel at today’s Destination D23, it was confirmed that cavalcades are here to stay.
- Earl of Sandwich, Sugarboo & Co., and Starbucks at Downtown Disney District are all slated to close in January 2022.
- The new MagicBand+ is coming to Disneyland Resort in 2022, along with the new Hey Disney! Amazon Echo devices.
- Fantasmic! and World of Color are set to return to Disneyland Resort in 2022.
- An artist’s concept was revealed for the upcoming revamp of Downtown Disney District, beginning in 2022.
- Imagineer Bhavna Mistry took the stage alongside Disney Parks President Josh D’Amaro to reveal a look inside the upcoming Disney Vacation Club tower coming to the Disneyland Hotel.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade turns 50 next year, and Disney is celebrating by bringing the beloved classic back to Disneyland.
- Avengers Campus will open at Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris in summer 2022.
- The 30th anniversary celebrations will include decorations and new costumes for Mickey Mouse and his friends.
- An inside look at Destination D23 gave a sneak peek at one of the animatronics under development for Zootopia Land at Shanghai Disneyland.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Attendees were given a look at the construction progress for Arendelle — World of Frozen at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Disney Cruise Line
- Two new stage shows are coming to the Disney Wish when it begins sailing next summer.
- A new book series based on the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (SEA) was announced this morning, and the first book is now available for preorder.
Entertainment and Media
- Today at Destination D23, a book series about the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (SEA) was announced.
- Will Ryan, a prolific voice actor who worked on many Disney projects, has passed away at age 72.
The Walt Disney Company
- At the Destination D23 fan event this morning, the logo was revealed for the upcoming 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company.
WDW News Today
New Nemo Musical at Animal Kingdom, Disney Sued Over Rise of the Resistance – NewsToday 11/19
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!