We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, January 12, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The Odyssey Pavilion has been decorated to host Figment’s Inspiration Station, a new food studio at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- The first signs for the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2023 have gone up at the entrance to the park and on the World Showcase promenade.
- Walt Disney World may not have followed through with their promise for trams to return to all four theme parks last year, but there is a new sign that trams could return to EPCOT parking soon.
- The step-in photo ops inspired by classic works of art have returned to the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- Chalk Full of Characters is back with new characters at the 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts.
- Themed canopies have been installed over a walkway in Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” at EPCOT.
- As part of this year’s EPCOT International Festival of the Arts, a new Figment-themed Beacon of Magic show on Spaceship Earth will debut!
- Walt Disney World has announced the ever-popular Figment popcorn bucket will be available via Mobile Order!
- Walt Disney World has released an image and details for the new Annual Passholder-exclusive Dumbo magnet, which will be available for pickup at EPCOT.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A few days ago, we saw artists drawing characters on the façade of Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Now the completed character portraits are visible.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The Lava Pool slide at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is now closed for refurbishment, while the pool itself remains open.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park will be closed this weekend because of expected low temperatures in central Florida.
- Disney has announced that the French Market Restaurant in Disneyland will close to become Tiana’s Palace later this year.
- A pair of new items have made first contact at Alien Pizza Planet in Disneyland, mashing up Latin and Italian flavors.
- The new year has brought a number of new items, as well as a pair of returning favorites, to Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland.
- There’s a new way to sweeten your day at Disneyland is here, as a new Milk & Cookies Pretzel has landed at the pretzel cart in Tomorrowland.
- Earlier today, we announced that construction had begun on the reimagining of Pacific Wharf at Disney California Adventure. After stopping by to take a look for ourselves, it seems constructions has not yet begun.
- Your sweet tooth can get a serious workout at Hungry Bear Restaurant in Disneyland thanks to two new items: the Loaded Chocolate Chip Funnel Cake and Berry Lemonade!
- Springtime seasonal snacks are beginning to pop up around Disneyland, including the return of a favorite, the Sour Cherry Churro!
- Hungry for something new at Disneyland? Galactic Grill is offering three brand-new items and a returning favorite to its menu, including a Grilled Pineapple Ham-Burger!
- Disneyland has been invaded by worms… gummy worms, that is, thanks to the new Gummy Worm Drink at Troubadour Tavern.
- New treats are at Award Wieners at Disney California Adventure in the Cubano Dog and Blueberry-Maple Bacon Funnel Cake Fries.
- Spring and picnicking season will soon be here, but Refreshment Corner in Disneyland is getting a jump start with the arrival of the BBQ Picnic Dog!
- Valentine’s Day is coming fast, but you can start the romance a little early with the return of the Strawberry Churro at Disneyland!
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Starting next month, guests staying at the Disney Ambassador Hotel can enjoy a new Marvel-themed room for a limited time!
Entertainment and Media
- A new trailer for “The Mandalorian” season 3 will air during halftime of Monday’s Super Wild Card game on ESPN.
The Walt Disney Company
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) CEO Nick Khan met with The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger and ESPN President James Pitaro about potentially selling them WWE, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer.
- Former Imagineer Bob Weis has joined design and architecture firm Gensler as their Global Immersive Experience Design leader.
WDW News Today
Major Changes Coming to Park Hopping at Disneyland, PhotoPass Pictures Now Free – Disneyland News Today 1/12
The Importance of Cleanliness, Themed Spaces, and Caring for Guests at Disney World PLUS PARKTIONARY – WDW News Tonight Episode 234
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!