We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, February 7, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Experience the new TRON Lightcycle / Run Coaster at Magic Kingdom with our full tour of the highly-anticipated attraction in Tomorrowland.
- Crews are wasting no time in transforming Splash Mountain into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom. More rockwork has been demolished.
- More than a dozen crew members ascended to the top of Space Mountain’s exterior today in Magic Kingdom, following a lengthy cleanup process.
- Haunted Mansion was unexpectedly closed for two days in a row at the Magic Kingdom.
- After experiencing TRON Lightcycle / Run firsthand, our review concludes the attraction is undoubtedly fun, but lacks Disney’s usual attention to detail.
- TRON Lightcycle / Run’s Upload Conduit lighting package is now fully online at the Magic Kingdom.
- The virtual queue for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind has remained open and available for guests to book well into the evening hours at EPCOT.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Another new MaDe kiosk has been installed in the Dino Institute at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney has announced the return of full housekeeping to all Walt Disney World Resort Hotels this month.
- As part of a housekeeping update, guests got the first look at newly refurbished rooms inside Disney’s Boardwalk Resort.
- Disney has announced that the path between the Grand Floridian Resort and the Magic Kingdom will be closing on February 13 due to ongoing refurbishments.
- After closing for refurbishment in early January, the Lava Pool waterslide at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has reopened.
- A third new floral rug has been added to the lobby of the Great Ceremonial House at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- As refurbishment continues at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, restrooms in the lobby have been closed for work.
- Mardi Gras is later this month, and to celebrate, there is a new Berry Beignet available at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort.
- A leak has sprung from the ceiling at the main entrance of Disney’s Riviera Resort, following the evacuation of guests.
- The final Mickey Mouse: The Main Attraction – Cinderella Castle Fireworks Collection is now available at Walt Disney World.
- More Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway merchandise has debuted at Walt Disney World.
- A new pin featuring Mickey and Minnie is available at Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park.
- Disney has revealed the cover for Claudia Gray’s upcoming novel “The Haunted Mansion: Storm & Shade.”
- New Disney100 phone cases, magnets, ornaments, and AirPods cases are available at Walt Disney World, both pre-made and personalizable in MaDe kiosks.
- A new Fantasyland ball cap, skirt, and pants are available at Walt Disney World, matching the Fantasyland varsity cardigan we found a few days ago.
- New ‘Olu Mel merchandise, including a plush and ornament, are now available at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Walt Disney World has two new Disney100 items: a platinum Mickey figure and a glass mug by Arribas Brothers.
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year with a new Year of the Rabbit Minnie ear headband by Loungefly available at Walt Disney World.
- A new collection of Disney Critter Dooney & Bourke Bags have arrived at Uptown Jewelers in the Magic Kingdom.
- A Light-Up Walt Disney World Ornament can be found at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe at Magic Kingdom.
- Get ahold of an Alice and the White Rabbit Disney nuiMOs plush now available at Walt Disney World.
- A new Avatar: Way of Water T-shirt, Youth Dress, and Pullover are all available now at Animal Kingdom.
- New Disney’s Animal Kingdom phone cases, including two “The Lion King” designs, are now available.
- New Loungefly, Suitcase, and Shoulder Plush featuring Aulani’s beloved ‘Olu Mel has arrived at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The bill to create a government-controlled version of the Reedy Creek Improvement District has been filed after the special session concluded this afternoon.
- The newly proposed Central Florida Tourism Oversight District is Governor Ron DeSantis’ replacement for the Reedy Creek Improvement District. In the bill released today, the government-controlled district would elect a board of supervisors, who would then be expected to propose a list of changes to the district’s power within one year.
- In the new bill to create a government-controlled version of the Reedy Creek Improvement District, one section of the proposed legislation aims to create a government-appointed board of supervisors to govern the district.
- The new bill confirms that the Reedy Creek Improvement District will not be dissolved on June 1 as previously announced.
- In light of today’s new proposed bill to change the Reedy Creek Improvement District under the control of the Florida government, Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle has issued a statement.
- The Reedy Creek Improvement District Bill will be a part of the Florida State Affairs Committee Agenda tomorrow, Wednesday, February 8.
- A video shows a Pirates of the Caribbean Boat sinking at Disneyland, causing the need for guests to be evacuated by the fire department.
- A cellphone was run over on Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, causing the Cars Land attraction to smoke before being shut down.
- The construction walls erected a few weeks ago in Adventureland at Disneyland have been removed and pushed back, once again allowing guests passage to and from New Orleans Square. Whether you’re celebrating old love or new beginnings, there are some new sweet treats at the Grand Californian Hotel that celebrate Lunar New Year and Valentine’s Day.
- Limited-edition Peter Pan, Star Wars, and Disney100 pins have arrived in Disneyland.
- Star Wars fans will love these new Boba Fett and The Mandalorian t-shirts we found at Disneyland Park.
- Decorate your kitchen with these jars inspired by classic Disneyland Resort snacks at World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District.
- Throwback to the fashion of the 1950s when Disneyland first opened with this retro-style Fantasyland dress by The Dress Shop, now available at Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure.
- New signage informing guests about the continued closure of Indiana Jones Adventure continues month of misspelling mishaps at Disneyland.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Since the Tokyo Disney Resort launched its e-ticketing system on its official app in 2018, the function has been limited to Japanese speakers with a Japanese credit or debit card. But now nearly five years after its launch, the Oriental Land Company has finally made ticket purchases available in English to foreign tourists.
- Disneyland Paris Works has shared aerial photos of ongoing construction at Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris.
- A Xiaohongshu user has shared a new photo of the skyline of Shanghai Disneyland’s upcoming “Zootopia” land.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong Disneyland shared construction progress on the upcoming land – World of Frozen.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney has announced the company will hold its annual shareholders meeting virtually on Monday, April 3. In a notice to shareholders, the Walt Disney Company Board of Directors noted that this meeting will be especially important as investor Nelson Peltz of Trian Group looks to oust the Disney-endorsed Michael Froman from being nominated.
- Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro has been appointed to the national board of directors for Make-A-Wish America, the organization revealed in a press release today.
WDW News Today
Tom’s Honest Review of TRON Lightcycle/Run at the Magic Kingdom
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
1 thought on “Reedy Creek Improvement District Replacement Bill Details Revealed, Pirates of the Caribbean Boat Sinks at Disneyland, Full Housekeeping Returning to All Walt Disney World Hotels, & More: Daily Recap (2/7/23)”
ron desantis the ultimate florida man…