Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, here is WDWNT’s weekly recap of the Disney news of the week!
Walt Disney World
- The new southbound ramp on World Drive opened.
- Here’s the latest progress on Epcot’s Ratatouille attraction and Skyliner station.
- A patent was submitted for the new roller coaster car design for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride.
- There is an important update about the International Gateway and Friendship Boat service’s operating dates.
- Check out our review of Flame Tree BBQ’s newest offerings.
- The operating hours for some Animal Kingdom attractions were reduced.
- PinQuest is now at Animal Kingdom!
- With the upcoming temporary closure of Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Wildnerness Explorer badges have been relocated.
- You can now use the Play Disney Parks App in Pandora, in addition to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
- The opening date for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge might be later than you think.
- An all new “Disney Junior Dance Party” live show is coming to Hollywood Studios.
- Toy Story Land is getting into the holiday spirit with its own special Christmas overlay.
- Christmas decorations have been spotted at Hollywood Studios.
- The most recent updates to the park are listed here in our photo report.
- A “Ralph Breaks the Internet” sneak peek is coming soon to the park, in addition to Disneyland.
- Here’s a photo report of all the updates at Disney Springs.
- Check out the second phase of World of Disney with this video and photos.
- World of Disney will now offer reusable bags for $1, and possibly in place of plastic bags.
Coronado Springs Resort:
- New concept art was released for the resort’s expansion, including a 15-story tower.
Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- An okapi calf was born at the beginning of October. Click here to see photos!
Disney World Transportation:
- The first job opening for Disney Skyliner Gondola system was posted.
- Disney also released a countdown preview for the Skyliner.
Ticket & Pricing Updates:
- Disney World’s date-based ticket pricing system went into affect this week.
- Annual pass, parking, and MagicBand prices increased.
- You can save 20% on princess carriage strollers at Walt Disney World with our special code.
- Flamingo Crossings is reportedly adding two more hotels near Disney World.
- A new nature-inspired hotel is coming to Disney Word.
Food & Beverage:
- All kinds of delicious new treats are heading to Disney World, including Tink’s Pixie-Dusted Cone!
- Here are photos and a video of the World of Disney redesign, which is now completed.
- Rainforest Cafe has showed interest in returning to Downtown Disney.
- Check out our review of Salt & Straw, the new ice cream spot with unique flavors.
- Like the Disney Springs location, World of Disney will also be offering $1 reusable bags.
- Learn more about Tokyo DisneySea’s complete character guide with these photos.
- Check out what the park offers for Halloween in 2018 with these photos.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- New experiences were announced for the resort in 2019, including Ant Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle!’s opening date.
Disney Cruise Line
- The Bahamas government approved Disney’s proposal to purchase a second private port.
- Here’s when you can get the Redd Funko Pop!
- You can purchase a Winnie the Pooh Spirit Jersey.
- The Disney x Opening Ceremony Fall 2018 Collection is available.
- An Orange Bird Diamond Collection Funko Pop! is coming to Disney parks.
- Oh My Disney released a ’90s Flashback Collection.
- The 2018 Disney holiday products are here.
- Disney x Toms Holiday Collection was released.
- Beats is releasing special edition Mickey Mouse 90th anniversary headphones.
- Mickey Mouse Club merchandise is now available at Disney parks.
- The 2018 Disney parks Christmas collection is here.
- Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” movie will now be released in 2020.
- You can watch a new featurette from “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”.
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Be sure to check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!