Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, here is a recap of the Disney news of the week!
Walt Disney World
- Photos of a dismantled Stitch animatronic figure from the now-closed Stitch’s Great Escape were leaked.
- Don’t miss our reviews of the Pumpkin-Filled Churro and the new “Purple Wall” Berry Cotton Candy.
- The solar panels on the Universe of Energy at Epcot pavilion that the Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster is replacing have been taken down.
- Spaceship Earth is closing for over two years.
- Sister Hazel replaced Smash Mouth at the 2018 Eat to the Beat Concert Series due to the hospitalization of Steve Harwell.
- A lunch price is no longer available at Germany pavilion’s Biergarten Restaurant.
- See the photo report on all of the updates at Epcot.
- Photos were leaked of the now-dismantled Great Movie Ride.
- The Jedi Training academy at Disney World isn’t closing as originally reported.
- See the photo report of the recent updates at Hollywood Studios.
- You can experience new limited-time fall, 2018, magic shots.
- A new solar power facility is set to open at the end of the year near Animal Kingdom.
Caribbean Beach Resort:
- Check out photos of the renovated “Old Port Royale.”
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus are now available for Centertown Market.
- See our review of Sebastian’s Bistro.
- There are new prices, mugs (the Hatbox Ghost!), and drinks at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto and Tiki Terrace.
- Here’s what the current construction of the Disney Skyliner at the Boardwalk looks like.
A New DVC Resort:
- “Disney Discovery Lodge” may be a new resort.
- City Works Eatery & Pour House is opening in summer, 2019.
- There are three new shops coming to Disney Springs.
The 2018 Walt Disney World Christmastime vacation package has been released.
- The Enchanted Tiki Room Enchanted Garden has reopened.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple will close on Nov. 3, 2018.
- The fourth Disneyland hotel has been canceled.
- A new pedestrian bridge over Magic Way is being built.
- The construction walls around Disneyland’s Hub are down.
- Salt and Straw is officially open.
Grand California Resort & Spa:
- The à la carte option at Storyteller’s Café is no more.
- See the photo report of Disney’s Halloween Festival.
- The full slate of events for 2019 has been announced.
New Disney Merchandise
- A new Jim Shore Enchanted Tiki Room figurine is being released.
- You can purchase new items from the Disney x Coach Minnie Mouse collection.
- There are new Disney Pandora charms.
- Kenneth Cobonpeu released a “Star Wars” furniture line.
- A Redd Funko Pop! and “Diamond Collection” Mattherhorn Abominable Snowman Vinyl Figure Funko Pop! are coming.
- Check out photos of the “Midnight is Just the Beginning” Cinderella housewares collection.
- There are now silver sequin Disney spirit jerseys.
- You can now purchase and stream Cars Land’s “Haul-O-Ween” and “Season’s Speedings” soundtracks.
- The 2018 Disney Hallmark Christmas ornaments are here.
- Cuties is now the official citrus fruit of Disney World and Disneyland.
- Check out the teaser poster and teaser trailer for Disney’s live-action “Aladdin.”
- Check the release dates for “Christopher Robin” to Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD.
- There is a new featurette of Misty Copeland in “Nutcracker and the Four Realms.”
- Disney and Fox’s deal will soon be finalized.
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Be sure to check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!