We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, August 1, 2021.
Walt Disney World
- As the refurbishment of Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom continues, we’re seeing new props in the ride’s queue plus another update to the sign outside the attraction.
- It seems Walt Disney Imagineers and Cast Members were busy last night, as there have been updates not only to the Jungle Cruise queue at Magic Kingdom, but also to the ride itself.
- More scaffolding has been erected on Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom as the building is refurbished ahead of the park’s 50th anniversary.
- Pinocchio is joining the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection, with his gold statue coming to Magic Kingdom.
- Over in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom, the boardwalk is being torn up and replaced, and we checked in on the progress.
- The return of jungle green pavement to Adventureland has taken a leap forward at the Magic Kingdom.
- August 23 marks the beginning of Disney’s World Princess Week and Walt Disney World guests can celebrate at the EPCOT playground, which will be rethemed to Princess Tiana from “The Princess and the Frog” on August 23.
- Reports that the Innoventions area music loop is completely gone are erroneous; we heard the Innoventions music playing as we headed toward The Land and Imagination Pavilions.
- The Refreshment Outpost in the Africa Pavilion features hot dogs, frozen slushies, special items for the EPCOT International Food & Wine festival and now, a watermelon and pineapple Dole Whip option.
- Crew members have been hard at work outside Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT, where even more pavement outside the show building.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Another venue is set to reopen at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as the Walt Disney World website has updated the operating hours for Dockside Diner for this Sunday, August 22.
- A new menu debuted for Dockside Diner in advance of its reopening.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Yesterday, August 18, Monorail Orange lost power moments before pulling into Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- As of today, face masks are optional when visiting outdoor attractions or while in outdoor queues.
- POG juice may be leaving Walt Disney World all together as the manufacturer no longer makes it.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- The newest additions to Tokyo Disneyland’s adorable popcorn accessory collection are an incredible “Alice in Wonderland”-themed bucket, and little tongs to grab your flavored popcorn without getting your hands sticky!
Disney Cruise Line
- We now know the AquaMouse aboard the Disney Wish will actually include two different stories, for two unique experiences.
- The Worlds of Marvel restaurant aboard the Disney Wish will include an immersive dining experience called “Avengers: Quantum Encounter,” and we now know the super heroes will face off against Ultron during the experience.
- More details have also been released about the Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge, a bar inspired by some of the elegant spaces seen in the Star Wars universe aboard the Disney Wish.
- A magical new interactive experience will be available on Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship, Disney Wish: “Disney Uncharted Adventure.”
- The Prime Minister of the Bahamas has signed a new order utilizing emergency powers to require all passenger cruises to provide a passenger manifest including vaccination statuses and in order to enter a port, all passengers age 12+ must be fully vaccinated.
Entertainment and Media
- A new trailer released for Marvel’s “Eternals” is also the final one; watch as the team comes together to take on the Deviants.
The Walt Disney Company
- Imagineers continue to develop advanced robotics including Project Exo, which strives to bring incredible characters to life — with a sophisticated full-body exoskeleton.
- On August 23, Disney will be kicking off the first-ever World Princess Week as a continuation of the Ultimate Princess Celebration. The week promises to be full of special Princess merchandise, photo-ops, and sweet treats available at Disney Parks around the globe.
- Yesterday, Disney announced major changes with the new Disney Genie service, and fans are making their feelings clear as the related videos received about 70% dislikes on YouTube.
WDW News Today
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (8/19/21): Guess What Attraction Randy Newman Is Singing About, Our Dream “Fab 50” Statue List, Ticket Book Budgeting, and More!
- SHOP: Exclusive ‘Disney in the Streets’ Tee Comes to Carousel of Products
WDW News Tonight – Episode 181 Paid FastPass, Ticket Book Budgeting, Our 50 Gold Statues
Paid FastPass Announced for Disney World and Disneyland and It’s Very Confusing – NewsToday 8/18
What We Loved About Marvel’s “What If… T’Challa Became a Star-Lord?” – Deep in the Plus: Episodes
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!