We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, October 2, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- We recently noticed new updates to the third scene in The Carousel of Progress at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Good morning from Magic Kingdom! We are back after the parks have been closed for two days due to Hurricane Ian. We will be on the lookout for any damage we can find from the hurricane. As always, we will report on all the new things we find today. Let’s get started in the latest photo report.
- For the 40th anniversary of EPCOT, guests started their celebrations by picking up a commemorative guidemap when they enter the park.
- October 1, 2022, was the 40th anniversary of EPCOT and Disney decorated the park to celebrate.
- A new Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot is available at EPCOT for the park’s 40th anniversary.
- Guests visiting EPCOT today are receiving a complimentary EPCOT 40 commemorative print when they exit the park.
- To celebrate the 40th anniversary of EPCOT yesterday, October 1, 2022, Cast Members participated in a ceremony at the America Gardens Theatre.
- To end the EPCOT 40th anniversary celebrations, Spaceship Earth lit up for a special Beacon of Magic show.
- We checked in for a construction update on the ongoing projects around EPCOT.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Trolley Car Cafe (a.k.a. Starbucks) in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is offering up a new fall treat for a limited time: pumpkin mousse.
- ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is serving up new fall treats this October.
- The damaged portion of Keystone Clothiers has been covered with a temporary green wall.
- Hello, Hollywood! We’re out exploring the streets of Disney’s Hollywood Studios before Hurricane Ian makes an appearance. Join us as we find new merchandise, check on attraction wait times, and more in the latest photo report.
- PizzeRizzo at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has a unique new Halloween treat this year: Halloween Candy Cookie Pizza.
- The Candy Corn Milkshake has returned to Hollywood Scoops at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for another Halloween season.
- Woody is serving up a special new Pumpkin Lunch Box Tart this Halloween season at Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Celebrate Halloween 2022 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with tons of treats, including this Mickey Mummy Cookie.
- Catalina Eddie’s at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is celebrating fall with a new Pumpkin Patch Cookie.
- The Graveyard Cupcake has returned to Walt Disney World for the 2022 Halloween season.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The characters have returned, making breakfast just a little more special at ‘Ohana.
- DVC News has shared images from Disney Files Magazine of the planned refurbishment for the Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- EPCOT 40th anniversary merchandise is now available on shopDisney.
- In addition to the regular EPCOT 40th anniversary merchandise collection, there is also a collection featuring the date, October 1, 2022.
- Celebrate 40 years of EPCOT with a new collection of pins featuring Figment, defunct attractions, and World Showcase Pavilions.
- EPCOT is celebrating “40 Years of Imagination” and EPCOT 40th anniversary merchandise is now available in Creations Shop.
- Harveys released another preview of their upcoming EPCOT 40th Anniversary Collection coming to Creations Shop: a plush Figment crossbody bag.
- In addition to more standard souvenirs, EPCOT also has a double-sided Pandora charm available for the park’s 40th anniversary.
- A new Halloween Loungefly backpack is available at Walt Disney World Resort for the 2022 spooky season.
- Whether you’re a fan of everything Haunted Mansion, Halloween, or just like to throw “spirited” parties, this Haunted Mansion Cheese Board is for you!
- We recently stumbled across a set of plates, socks, and a new mug at Memento Mori at Magic Kingdom.
- If you are a member of Disney Vacation Club, this new Spirit Jersey will help you make magic year after year!
- Ever wanted to have a small model of what may be Disney’s most iconic coaster building to display at home?
- Fans of the latest Marvel venture on Disney+ “She-Hulk: Attorney at Law” should definitely stop by the Avengers Super Store in Hollywood Land for this new She-Hulk mug we found this week!
- Recently, we found merchandise from classic Disney attractions now available at the Disneyland Resort.
- A new “Cinderella” dress and a sweatshirt by Her Universe, featuring artwork by Ashley Taylor, are available at Disneyland Resort.
- We found a frightfully perfect Haunted Mansion Urn Mug at Disneyland, but it is also available for sale on shopDisney.com.
- With construction still ongoing on The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, the rest of the hotel is getting some attention with a repainting.
- A new “Star Wars” Loungefly mini backpack featuring spaceships and characters is available at Disneyland Resort.
- On a recent trip to Disneyland Resort, we found this “Hocus Pocus 2” photo op.
- Hey there, hi there, ho there! We headed down to the Disneyland Resort to check in on the construction at two of the resort hotels and see what else was new in the park. So join us for this most recent photo report from Disneyland and the resort hotels.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Human Rights Campaign has accepted a donation from The Walt Disney Company after previously denying it in May of this year.
- Random House is releasing a new Little Golden Books set to celebrate the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!