Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, here’s WDWNT’s weekly recap of this week’s Disney news!
Walt Disney World
- Sunday, November 4th marked the start of the new breakfast service at the Plaza Restaurant and we were there for the most important meal of the day: Mickey Waffles.
- Adventureland’s latest spring roll is bacon and macaroni-and-cheese flavored. And incredibly greasy, even by theme park food standards.
- Over at Peco’s Bills, the “Taco of the Month” is Mojo Pork and it’s arguably one of the best counter service meals at the Magic Kingdom right now.
- Gaston’s Tavern is now serving a holiday version of their trademark cinnamon roll for the Christmas season, and it’s extra sweet.
- New for the holiday season at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland is the Peppermint Soft-Serve Sundae.
- New at the Cheshire Cafe in Fantasyland, guests will find the Wonderland Slushy.
- However, the new Space Ranger Slushy over at the The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland is the clear winner in this battle of slushies.
- The Cookie Butter Milkshake at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies in Tomorrowland received a solid “no” from us. (Nope, not even for the ‘gram.)
- All of Casey’s Corner’s Hot Dogs of the Month from 2018 are coming back for a limited time, thanks to the 12 Days of Christmas Hot Dogs.
- A new Annual Passholder magnet featuring Goofy will be available at Mouse Gear and Port of Entry beginning November 18th! Start planning your trips if you haven’t already.
- Multiple overnight closures took place on Osceola Parkway earlier this week in preparation for the new Hollywood Studios entrance and auto plaza’s grand opening.
- Thankfully, the new toll plaza retains the Pan Pacific Auditorium architecture the park entrance area has been known for.
- Decorations went up around Toy Story Land this past Tuesday, celebrating its very first holiday season in operation.
- Among the offerings are festive holiday tunes on Alien Swirling Saucers that play every 3rd ride. Take a look (and listen!)
- Another Toy Story Land holiday offering is the Cinnamon Cran-Apple Lunch Box Tart! (Hint: If you like McDonald’s apple pies, this one’s for you.)
- Check out our review of some new Flurry of Fun treats on offer, namely the Gingerbread Cupcake, Frozen Hot Cocoa, Eggnog Panna Cotta, and more!
- As part of the Flurry of Fun, Backlot Express also has a few special desserts, like the Chocolate Chestnut Pinecone!
- Sunset Seasons Greetings returned this week for its first show of the season, now with laser effects! (Spoiler alert: It’s still pretty lame compared to previous offerings.)
- Guests can indulge in an alcoholic hot chocolate flight, as well as a new Strawberry Mint Creme dessert as part of Fairfax Fare’s new holiday offerings menu!
- Baseline Tap House on Grand Avenue is getting into the holiday spirit with three new offerings: Santa Macarons, Holiday Popcorn Mix, and the Angry Elf specialty drink!
- A new collection of merchandise celebrating Animal Kingdom’s Expedition Everest can be found at the exit shop at the attraction in the village of Anandapur.
- The Times Guide and the Animal Guide have since been combined into one piece of information, with both animal and park experiences grouped by land.
Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- An “unidentified woman” handed an abandoned newborn baby to a resort guest around 2:00 AM last Sunday. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office got involved. In a surprising plot twist, the woman who said she was handed the newborn baby was actually the child’s mother.
Special Ticketed Events:
- Disney After Hours is expanding! Not only are more event nights set for Magic Kingdom Park, but for the first time, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will join in on the fun. Check out the dates and times for the newly extended Disney After Hours at all three parks here.
- Several new magic shots are now available exclusively during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, including one that makes it look like guests are serving up a Mickey Mouse cookie!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party kicked off this past Thursday (a sold-out night!) and we were there for the most important part: the maps.
- Disney has released a 2018 Guide to Everything You Can Eat at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, featuring dozens of holiday-themed treats to indulge on.
- We attended Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party, an add-on for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party… and we actually recommend it if you can swing the cost.
- We got a first look at the 2018 Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail during a special preview event, and have pictures of every tree on the lineup! Returning for its 3rd year, the trail is now open to all guests daily from 11am to 11pm.
- ILMxLab released some new details on Ralph Breaks VR, coming to Disney Springs and Downtown Disney Anaheim The Void locations on November 21st!
Swan and Dolphin Area Resorts:
- A work permit was filed for the new hotel coming to the Swan and Dolphin complex, which indicates that construction could start very soon on this new hotel set to open by 2020.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground:
- Disney has announced a New Year’s Eve beach party for Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground that should offer a great alternative for those looking for a more relaxing way to ring in the new year.
Disney World Transportation:
- A legal dispute between Meridian Autonomous and Phoenix Wings may have prevented driverless shuttles from coming to WDW.
- Guide wires for the Disney Skyliner have been strung from Studios to the main station at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
- There will be portions of Disney’s Hollywood Studios parking lot that will be experiencing closures from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM through the morning of November 13th due to Skyliner installation.
- Cable installation for the Disney Skyliner will continue over the coming months, leading to its eventual opening sometime in 2019.
- Set to return on January 25th, 2019 to Disneyland Park, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade is getting an update for Mickey’s 90th birthday! In from Tokyo Disneyland, they’re getting an adorable opening float featuring Goofy pulling a giant, vintage Mickey Mouse toy.
- Hungry Bear Restaurant at Disneyland has a whole new menu. Slightly different from the classic burgers and chicken nuggets, the new menu features a vegan specialty burger and several other more adventurous items.
- Churros for breakfast is the only way to go during the Holidays at Disneyland, and with the new Gingerbread Churro, you can’t go wrong. (Just make sure you get the Marshmallow Fluff dipping sauce to go with it!)
- A new Sugar Plum Churro is available near the Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square and it’s tart, delicious, and especially good warm.
- Also in New Orleans Square is the Haunted Mansion Holiday Wreath Bundt Cake, a Dessert Trio, and Candy Cane Beignets!
- Breakfast doesn’t get much cuter than this snowman pancake with a scarf made of applewood-smoked bacon available at Red Rose Taverne.
- The Sour Apple Churro is back with a holiday twist over at the churro cart near Astro Blasters in Tomorrowland.
- Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar is offering up some seasonal beverages this holiday season. The seasonal additions are Under the Swizzletoe, Rum Around the Christmas Tree, and Sam’s Slay Ride.
- The new Holiday Churro Sundae at Golden Horseshoe boasts two delicious desserts in one!
- For those looking for a more non-traditional churro experience, look no further than the Churro with Crushed Pretzels and Peppermint!
- Rancho del Zocalo has some solid Chile Relleno as well as Dessert Nachos!
Disney California Adventure:
- Carthay Circle Restaurant now has a second-floor lounge! The new lounge is 21+ and allows you to take in the sights of Buena Vista Street (but mostly Grizzly Peak Airfield) from above.
- The Peppermint Churro is the most simple churro offered this season, but it is also the tastiest and truest to the holidays. You can purchase one at the churro cart near the Redwood Creek Trail Challenge.
- Award Weiners is offering up some seasonal items this holiday season. The seasonal menu consists of a Holiday Beer Cheese Dog, Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake Fries, and Stocking Stuffer Funnel Cake Fries.
- Hollywood Lounge is offering up some seasonal drinks this holiday season including a Feliz Churro Cocktail and a Mistletoe Mule.
- You’ll find a very dressed-up Minnie Wreath Donut as well as other ambitious, yet well-executed treats at Schmoozies!
- They’ve got Holiday Dinner Pizza as well as Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake over at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.
Festival of Holidays 2018 at Disney California Adventure:
We have reviews of all the new holiday booths!
- Merry Mashups
- Spicy Celebrations
- Winter Sliderland
- Blissfully Braised
- Favorite Things
- Holiday Duets
- Visions of Sugarplums
- Making Spirits Bright
- Grandma’s Recipes
- Brews & Bites
- The Sip and Savor Pass has returned to Festival of Holidays for 2018. Previously only available to Annual Passholders, this year, it is available to anyone ($54), with a discount provided to Annual Passholders ($49).
- Announced earlier this week, CinéMagique will NOT be returning to the Walt Disney Studios Paris park this December.
- Captain Marvel is confirmed to join the Season of Super Heroes at Disneyland Paris.
- Five new MagicBand colors are now available for purchase through shopDisney! The five new MagicBand colors are lavender, turquoise, white, dark green, and navy blue.
- New to ShopDisney is the Disney Princess Enchanted Collection subscription box! There may still be time to sign up for the first box, which is Belle themed!
- Fans of the Enchanted Tiki Room can now carry a feathered friend with them wherever they go. A new bag on ShopDisney is designed to look like a birdcage with Jose from the popular attraction inside.
- “Disney People”, a new series produced by Oh My Disney, will premiere on Monday, November 12th! Viewers will meet members of the fandom who have turned their love of Disney into a lifestyle.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet tickets went on sale November 5th!
- Disney has announced that Frozen 2 will open five days earlier, on November 22nd.
- Disney has unveiled the title and website for its newest streaming service, Disney+. The home screen promises Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and even National Geographic!
- Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced on the quarterly earnings conference call that a docu-series which will take viewers behind the scenes at Walt Disney Imagineering is coming to the streaming service.
- Watch as Ralph and Vanellope race Shank in the deadly Slaughter Race in the latest clip released for Ralph Breaks The Internet.
- It appears Frozen 2 will reprise the hit song “Let It Go”, albeit in a new version, just for the sequel.
Don’t fret if you like Disneyland content in addition to everything else we offer at DisneylandNewsToday.com to better suit your needs., Disneyland Resort stories will still be posted here as well. If you only want Disneyland content, you’ll be able to visit
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Be sure to check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!