We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, December 18, 2022.
Walt Disney World
- Five new menu items, including sweet-and-sour salads, are now available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.
- DuckTales World Showcase Adventure has officially debuted at EPCOT, and we have full video guides to each of the eight “adven-shares” available to guests across World Showcase, including the finale.
- The American Adventure at EPCOT was supposed to reopen yesterday, but it has been delayed.
- The International Festival of the Arts is returning to EPCOT on January 13, but a number of artists have already begun sharing their original works that will be debuting at the 2023 festival.
- Neil Patrick Harris is back to narrate the Candlelight Processional this year, and tonight, he opened the narration with a joke about former Disney CEO Bob Chapek.
- Let’s take a ride on the EPCOT Monorail and see how construction has progressed on Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana.”
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A giant pencil and more details have been added outside the upcoming Roundup Rodeo BBQ restaurant in Toy Story Land.
- Peppermint the Reindeer has galloped into The Ganachery at Disney Springs. This chocolate reindeer is filled with chocolate coquito.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- ESPN Club signage was removed months ago, and now some walls have come down, so we can see the gutted interior of the future Cake Bake Shop.
- In their post officially announcing changes to the lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney Parks Blog got the anniversary of the resort wrong.
- An all-new Castle Fireworks Dress by Disney Dress Shop caught our eye inside Uptown Jewelers along Main Street, U.S.A.
- A new t-shirt featuring Minnie Mouse has joined the Disney 100th anniversary collection.
- Have your next meal sci-fi style with a new set of droid-inspired plates available in Droid Depot at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Since the initial 100th anniversary collection’s release, we’ve found a snow globe, lanyard, and necklaces by Rebecca Hook.
- A new MagicBand+ was spotted in the Frontier Trading Post, featuring classic Walt Disney World symbols in an array of retro neon colors.
- A new Rainbow of Imagination collectible vinyl figure is now available inside ImageWorks at EPCOT, showcasing the beloved Figment.
- Even more 2023 merchandise has arrived at Walt Disney World.
- Keep warm this winter with a fuzzy Spirit Jersey inspired by Sulley from “Monsters, Inc.” now available at Walt Disney World Resort.
- New candy inspired by the Episoth plant and other Pandoran flora and fauna is available in Windtraders.
- A new Mad Hatter Spirit Jersey available at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is inspired by the resort’s “Alice in Wonderland” water playground.
- D-Tech on Demand is offering a new selection of Annual Passholder and Cast Member merchandise inside the Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs.
- Show off your promotion with a “Star Wars” New Republic marshal badge inspired by characters in “The Mandalorian” and “The Book of Boba Fett.”
Other Walt Disney World News
- A new traffic ramp along Floridian Way has opened up, easing travel near the Magic Kingdom Parking Lots, Walt Disney World Car Care Center, and Disney’s Polynesian Village and Grand Floridian Resorts.
Entertainment and Media
- James Cameron’s “Avatar: The Way of Water” sequel took flight at the box office, earning $53 million on its opening day.
- ABC’s “Beauty & the Beast: A 30th Celebration” featured opening number cameo appearances by the original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, the voice of Gaston, Richard White, and the musical’s composer, Alan Menken.
- After a successful opening day, “Avatar: The Way of Water” has earned $135 million domestically during its opening weekend.
The Walt Disney Company
- Nearly a month after Bob Chapek was forced out as Chief Executive Officer of the Walt Disney Company, more details have emerged surrounding what was taking place behind the scenes of the C-Suite shakeup that led to the return of Bob Iger at the helm.
- Alex Sherman of CNBC has shared a list of 2023 predictions from anonymous media executives, including four predictions for The Walt Disney Company, which was recently rocked by the firing of Bob Chapek and the return of CEO Bob Iger.
WDW News Today
- WATCH PARKSCENTER — EPCOT Festival of the Arts Preview, Universal Update, and Looking back at Disney Parks News of 2022!
EPCOT Festival of the Arts Preview, Universal Update, and Looking Back at Disney Parks News of 2022! – ParksCenter
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!