Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, here’s WDWNT’s weekly recap of this week’s Disney news from February 18-24!
Walt Disney World
- We were very excited to see that the gondolas for the new Disney Skyliner system are now testing at full speed, and of course we brought you photos and a video! The gondolas are still under tarps, but if you look closely you can just about make out the designs.
- We learned that a massive 270-acre, 50-megawatt solar facility is now officially online, providing renewable energy to the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Of course, the Walt Disney World Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend has just taken place. Interested in taking part in a runDisney event? Read our survival guide here!
- We brought you a photo report from the Magic Kingdom, taken on the glorious President’s Day weekend.
- We were very excited to try these delicious-looking new character-themed treats that finally arrived this morning!
- The big Epcot news of the week was the reveal of photos and plans for an upcoming play pavilion in the park, an immersive “city”: “beyond anything [Disney] have ever created.”
- If you’re fascinated by the history of the parks and looking for something fun to do, why not try The unDiscovered Future World Tour in Epcot? Read our review here.
- Check out this Valentine’s Day photo report for Epcot, including Valentine’s treats, Flower and Garden Festival prep, and construction in the Japan pavillion.
- Also, we brought you updates on the construction progress for the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster at the site of the former Universe of Energy, and the latest on the new space-themed restaurant.
- The ‘Brighten a Barrel’ activity station, hosted by Barrels by the Bay, will be returning to the 2019 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival, bringing a fun opportunity for guests to paint rain barrels to aid the community’s water resources.
- Work has finally begun to open Animal Kingdom’s exclusive Club 33 location.
- A height requirement has been revealed for the Rise of the Resistance ride coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios.
- Have a look at this week’s photo report for Hollywood Studios, including construction updates on the new bus loop, and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- We reviewed the new braised beef and enchilada dish at the ABC Commissary.
- This week we were very excited to learn that the newest and highly-anticipated Spanish restaurant, Jaleo, is set to open at Disney Springs sometime in March.
- See this week’s photo report for Disney Springs, including construction updates, The Art Corner, and some fun new merchandise.
- We went to try the newest menu additions at The Polite Pig, including their unique meatballs, BLT, and a summery cocktail.
- In honor of the Princess Half Marathon Weekend, Amorette’s Patisserie brought out a selection of limited-edition princess-themed petit cakes.
- The Disney D-Lish pop-up event happened this week at Disney Springs, featuring merchandise packaged up in boxes inspired by our favorite Disney Parks snacks.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- There’s a ton of new food and beverage offerings over at the ESPN complex, and they can all be sampled using a convenient new ‘Shop & Dine’ digital gift card
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- We tried the new Shipwreck Angus Bacon Cheeseburger at Hurricane Hanna’s… and completely recommend it!
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort’s pool bar, Banana Cabana, has changed its menu – see all the new offerings and prices here.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Additional dates have been added for the Tables in Wonderland member-exclusive dining events this spring over at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Convention Center
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- There’s a lot of development happening at Coronado Springs resort, see this weeks’ photo report including updates on Gran Destino Tower and Villa del Lago.
Disney’s Riviera Resort
- New details have been released for the pool areas and resort amenities which will be available to guests at the upcoming Riviera resort.
- Check out this week’s Disneyland Park photo report, including curb updates, a teacup photo op, and some fun new wall art.
- We’re learning more and more about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Park, with our most recent discovery being that guests will not be able to take their alcoholic drinks out of Oga’s Cantina.
- We never miss the opportunity to try out new Disney treats! Read our reviews of the Banana Pudding Churro and the Celebration Cake, available during the Get Your Ears On Celebration at Disneyland Park.
Disney California Adventure
- We got a sneak peek at some of the 2019 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival merchandise, including Minnie ears, a spirit jersey and more, in preparation for the festival beginning March 1.
Paradise Pier Hotel
- Starting March 29, a brand-new brunch experience is coming to Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, titled Donald Duck’s Seaside Brunch.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Exciting new ride photos of the upcoming Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! attraction have been revealed.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Read this in-depth and detailed editorial focusing on the legend of the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride. Can you believe it has been 25 years since the ride closed in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando?
- The ‘it’s a small world’ merchandise is still sailing along, with an adorable new Alex and Ani bracelet featuring a double-sided design, and a cute ‘it’s a small world after all’ tee to match.
- There will be some new floral Minnie Ears blossoming in the parks this spring.
- There’s three new Star Wars Loungefly backpacks in the Galaxy, spotted over at The Star Traders in Disneyland Park.
- Check out The Lost Bros’ newest t-shirt releases, new music and the return of The Kingdom Classic!
- The Disney Parks Collection has released some beautiful new jewelry lines with earring/necklace matching sets featuring silhouettes of our favorite princesses, and this new style of bracelets featuring Peter Pan, Dumbo and Minnie Ears.
- The Disney X Coach spring collection has been unveiled, with gorgeous purse, clothing and accessory designs featuring 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, Dumbo and more.
- There’s even more additions to the Disney Parks Passport collection over at Animal Kingdom.
- Woo-hoo! A new vintage Duck Tales t-shirt has arrived in Animal Kingdom.
- Pandora have released a new charm for their bracelets, inspired by Mickey Mouse Club.
- There was some magical merchandise on offer for the 2019 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, which included pins, sportswear, Minnie Ears and Dooney & Bourke handbags.
- A new line of classic tie-dye Mickey Mouse tops are now available on shopDisney, with both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World logos.
- We also spotted new apparel featuring inspiration from Disney Renaissance classics, including Pocahontas, Aladdin and Hercules.
- There are some awesome new men’s graphic tees available in Magic Kingdom, inspired by Disney park life, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- A hilarious new mystery pin-pack series has debuted in Disneyland Park, featuring some iconic Disney character expressions, representing your “Current Mood”.
- A new ‘Happiest Place on Earth’ collection has debuted at the Disneyland resort, including classic ear hats and magical ornaments.
- We discovered these Haunted Mansion salt and pepper shaker sets over in the Magic Kingdom… RIP to bland food.
- It’s a whole new world of Minnie Ears, with this shining, shimmering splendid newest design which has hit the parks. Make way for the Magic Carpet Ears!
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ has officially completed filming, announced by J.J. Abrams, bringing us one step closer to the highly-anticipated movie.
- Pixar’s latest SparkShorts animated short is an emotional cat/dog tale titled Kitbull, and is available now to watch on YouTube.
- Have a read of our Marvel News Mash-Up, including peaks at new toys inspired by ‘Avengers: Endgame’ and the latest on ‘Captain Marvel’.
- The release date for the live-action ‘Dumbo’ is getting closer, and there’s a new TV spot preview just been released.
- There’s a lot of buzz about Goose, the feline star of ‘Captain Marvel’, and after watching the video released this week, we’re sure he’s going to steal the show!
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Be sure to check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!