Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, here’s WDWNT’s weekly recap of this week’s Disney news!
Walt Disney World
- According to recently-filed permits, it seems the Imagineering STOLport Complex is about to undergo a big expansion.
- We tried the new special hot chocolate for Mickey’s 90th available at Auntie Gravity’s in Tomorrowland.
- A brand new sign for the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor attraction was unveiled this week and it’s perfect.
- There’s a new set of Splash Mountain merch available and everything is satisfactual!
- Starting today, new Guest Experience Teams will be located throughout the park to assist guests with FastPass+ selections and more!
- You can now see some of the construction progress on the TRON Lightcycle Roller Coaster from The Barnstormer queue line.
- Reservations are now open for guests to create their own masterpieces at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts.
- Menus have been released for the Food Studios and dining packages at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts.
- Check out our top 7 (yeah, seven!) food items at the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays!
- We paid to go to Disney After Hours at Hollywood Studios and got to experience a blissfully empty Toy Story Land.
- Hollywood Studios is testing a personal shopper service to assist guests with in-park purchases.
- We’ve got Skyliner updates, new paint on MuppetVision, mystery buildings, and more in this latest Hollywood Studios photo report.
- The walkway from the new bus loop to the entrance of the Hollywood Studios is now open!
- Sunshine Day Café at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been reworked into Sunshine Day Bar and now serves a full drink menu daily.
- Animal Kingdom’s newest giraffe calf is named Amira!
- A Walt Disney World cast member admitted to secretly recording a co-worker in a restroom.
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be closing for refurbishment in early 2019.
- Harambe Market is now only open from 11am to 4pm and serving its own take on Satu’li-inspired bowls.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- With a minimum donation of $5 to the Disney Conservation Fund, you can make your very own souvenir ornament using ostrich eggs!
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort:
- Sebastian’s Bistro restaurant at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort has updated its dining hours.
- A Walt Disney World hotel worker was arrested after stealing almost $49,000 in 2016.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa:
- The lobby at the Grand Floridian is currently serving some of the best spiked hot chocolate and mulled wine on property!
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort:
- Chicken wings are now available at Captain Cook’s quick service location at the Polynesian Resort.
- See how construction on the NBA Experience and Jaleo are coming along in this Disney Springs photo report!
- In anticipation of the release of Kingdom Hearts 3, Disney Springs has opened a limited time pop-up experience to offer players a chance to demo the game early.
Disney World Transportation:
- In somewhat expected news, the doors of Monorail Yellow failed to open for several stops, leaving guests perpetually stuck.
- A wild Skyliner gondola was seen in its natural habitat at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
- 15 people were transported to the hospital after a bus crash at Epcot.
- The 21-year-old bus driver was ticketed for careless driving.
- Though the official opening of the Disney Skyliner is just under a year away, we’re already seeing some testing of the system.
- During its refurbishment, Monorail Lime got a brand new paint job with a new color scheme.
- We got a sneak peek of Star Wars – Galaxy’s Edge and the Millennium Falcon over at Disneyland!
- Disney has begun revoking annual pass privileges to guests caught reselling merch.
- Disney Parks Blog gave us a first look inside The Tropical Hideaway, coming to Adventureland!
- Disneyland announced a new, month-long Valentine’s Day celebration coming in 2019!
- On Saturday afternoon at Disneyland, the float in A Christmas Fantasy Parade containing Santa’s sleigh broke, tipping over and launching old Saint Nick out of his seat.
- The Jingle Julep is a frozen white hot chocolate with cookie butter and it is delicious. Check out our full review here!
Disney California Adventure:
- New concept art and vague details were released about the new Marvel themed lands coming to DCA.
- Buddy Pass has made its way over to Toy Story Midway Mania at DCA, and if your group is eligible, it could save you a ton of time!
- Check out this review of the newly renovated Napolini Pizzeria!
- Will Disneyland Paris be more crowded in 2019? Check out this author’s perspective in this in-depth editorial.
- Natacha Rafalski, former Senior Vice President, has been appointed President of Disneyland Paris.
Walt Disney Studios Park
- The Art of Disney Animation attraction will close forever on January 7, 2019.
- Not long after, Armageddon will close on April 1, 2019.
- Check out this review of “L’Hiver Gourmand” to get your crepe and Yule log fix.
Tokyo Disneyland Resort
- Names for all the new attractions, shops, and restaurants in Tokyo Disneyland’s 2020 expansion were revealed!
- Tokyo Disneyland closed down a popular photo spot due to misuse by park guests.
- Hipster Mickey and Minnie grace a new collection of Dooney & Bourke bags.
- Buzz Lightyear ears made an appearance at Knick’s Knacks in DCA and we expect them to reach WDW soon!
- Here are ten super fun Disney stocking stuffers that are perfect for you or the Disney fan in your life!
- There’s a new, sequined Loungefly purse themed after the Mickey Mouse Club!
- A really neat new set of pens has been spotted, themed after fake company pens… inspired by classic attractions.
- A new accessory line inspired by Minnie ear headbands was just released under the Disney Parks Collection label!
- Four new sets of build-it-yourself cardboard dioramas have hit store shelves at WDW.
- The ever-popular Starbucks “You Are Here” mugs (and their respective ornaments) are now available on ShopDisney…
- Charming Charlie has two new velvet Minnie ears you can add to your collection and they are just $12 each!
- Claire’s is selling rose gold ears backpacks and wallets at a quarter of the price!
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order was announced exclusively for Nintendo Switch.
- Watch as Mary Poppins, Jack, and the Banks children embark on a magical adventure into the animated world of the “Royal Doulton Bowl” in this new clip.
- According to a Variety report, Disney is currently developing Sister Act 3 for the upcoming streaming service, Disney+… but we aren’t sure if Whoopi Goldberg will be reprising her role.
- Check out this review of Mary Poppins Returns from Hyperion Adventures Podcast!
- Disney and Pixar have officially announced the name and release date of their newest original animated feature film, Onward.
- Lucasfilm has announced the all-star cast of the first-ever Star Wars live-action series – The Mandalorian.
- Watch and listen as Mary Poppins sings a brand-new song titled “Can You Imagine That?” from Mary Poppins Returns.
- Check out this review of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
- WDWNT: Nerd Alert – Season Four – Episode 15 is now available for download through WDW News Today: Original Programming and iTunes.
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Be sure to check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!