Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, here’s WDWNT’s weekly recap of this week’s Disney news!
Walt Disney World
- New details were released for Minnie and Mickey’s Surprise Celebration starting January 18, 2019!
- There’s a new, park-specific ceramic tumbler available at the Main Street Bakery Starbucks location featuring Orange Bird!
- We also reviewed the Poutine Hot Dog of the month over at Casey’s Corner.
Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – Food Booth Reviews:
- Tuscany Holiday Kitchen (Italy)
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen & Prost! (Germany)
- Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen (Mexico)
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen (Canada)
- Shanghai Holiday Kitchen (China)
- Feast of the Three Kings (Caribbean)
- Sapphire Holiday Kitchen (Morocco)
- American Holiday Table (American Adventure)
- Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen (Japan)
- La Marche De Noel Holiday Kitchen (France)
- L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen
- Showcase Plaza and Taste Track
- Epcot Holiday Cookie Stroll
- Check out all the merch available for Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays.
- Check out this full video of the Epcot Illuminations Holiday tag, now in its final year.
- Twining’s Tea’s Stephen Twining paid a visit to the UK pavilion’s Tea Caddy shop over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
- Epcot also has a new Starbucks ceramic tumbler. (And it features Mickey as Dreamfinder!)
- Ralph and Vanellope von Schweetz are now meeting guests at Innoventions West in Future World.
- There’s a new park-specific ceramic tumbler at Trolley Car Cafe featuring Slinky Dog and Sorcerer Mickey!
- Animal Kingdom released a new park-specific Starbucks tumbler as well, and it’s absolutely adorable!
- Even more Expedition Everest merch has reached the summit and is now available.
- There’s also new Kilimanjaro Safari merch available at the Island Mercantile.
- There’s a newborn baby Masai giraffe at the park and it’s up to you to help decide her name.
- The new Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill opened this past week and it’s gorgeous.
- We also got to review the full menu for the new restaurant, check it out here!
- D-Luxe Burger announced a new breakfast menu that’s available through January 1st, 2019.
- We even got to review the full menu so you know what to get next time you’re hungry for a Disney Springs breakfast.
- Disney Springs celebrated Black Friday with a number of deals and doorbuster specials.
- There’s a new build-your-own sundae available at Marketplace Snacks and it comes in a Vanellope von Schweetz race car dish!
- Check out our spoiler-free review of the “Ralph Breaks VR” experience by The Void.
- A food service worker at Morimoto Asia was identified as having a Hepatitis A infection.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort:
- Reservations open on Tuesday, November 27th for Coronado Springs’ Gran Destino Tower!
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa:
- November 21st was National Gingerbread Day. Check out this full list of all the gingerbread-y goodness available in the form of treats and lavish displays (including the amazing Grand Floridian Gingerbread House) throughout the Walt Disney World Resort!
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter:
- There’s a new beignet burger available at Sassagoula Floatworks! Check out our review here.
Walt Disney World Transportation:
- Remember how people still had hopes of the Skyliner gondolas having A/C? Yeah, no. You’ll have to survive on passive ventilation.
- Our sleuthing has shown that Walt Disney World hasn’t actually ordered a new monorail fleet from Bombardier.
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club:
- Check out our recap of day 2 of D23’s Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse for some neat details on the upcoming Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway ride!
- D23 announced more new events for 2019 in celebration of their 10th anniversary!
- Check out our most recent photo report update featuring gingerbread houses, Downtown Disney construction, and It’s A Small World Toy Shop!
- Two new Disneyland After Dark engagements were announced for 2019, including a ’90s nite!
- We have a full 2018 guide to all of the holiday specialty offerings at Disneyland Park.
Disney California Adventure:
- Craving a peppermint churro? Check out our full 2018 guide to all the holiday offerings available at DCA!
- The reopening of Phantom Manor has been delayed yet again… and this time indefinitely.
- Disneyland Paris Annual Passholders will be able to experience Disney Dreams! one more time at an upcoming Passholder event.
Shanghai Disney Resort
- Winnie The Pooh could be disappearing from Shanghai Disney due to political disputes according to Josh Young from Theme Park University.
- Disney filed a patent for a retractable, internally-illuminated lightsaber. We’ll surely be seeing these once Galaxy’s Edge opens.
- 2019 logo merchandise is now available at WDW! A bit early, no?
- TeePublic’s Black Friday sale is still going strong! Click here for 30% all of our exclusive WDWNT designs.
- Kingdom of Cute Series 2 Vinylmations are now available at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, but are sold out on ShopDisney.
- The Heritage Auctions Signature Animation Art Auction, featuring original art from Disney productions, will take place December 8th in Beverly Hills, California.
- Princess loungewear is now available at DisneyStyle in Disney Springs!
- There’s a new 2019 Mickey Mouse figurine available at World of Disney in Disney Springs.
- Find out how to make Disney magic even while trip planning with a teen.
- Read up on our 10 runDisney race day commandments!
- Follow along with contributor Jen as she takes us through the process of planning her ultimate Disney wedding in “Meet Me at The Disney Altar.”
- Read all about Tokyo DisneySea’s Tower of Terror in “No Guardians, No Twilight Zone: Exploring Harrison Hightower’s Tower of Terror.”
- Find out how to conquer adversity at a Disney Resort Hotel in this latest installment of “Romantic Disney.”
- Take an informative retro tour through MGM Studios in “Celebrating 30 Years: Disney’s Hollywood Studios.”
- Watch as Ralph and Vanellope get their first taste of the internet in this new clip!
- Sarah Silverman, voice of Vanellope von Schweetz, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!
- Catch up on all things Marvel in this week’s Marvel News Mash-Up!
- Watch this “Back to Cherry Tree Lane” featurette from Mary Poppins Returns.
- With the premiere of Ralph Breaks The Internet, we have two contrasting reviews on offer:
- Tim Allen announced that actor Keanu Reeves will have a role in Toy Story 4.
- Get ready for more Spider-Man PS4, as part two of The City That Never Sleeps now has a release date.
- Check out the official new trailer for Disney’s reimagined The Lion King!
- “Disney Parks Presents a 25 Days of Christmas Holiday Party” will debut on December 1st at 8:00 PM (EST) on Disney Channel.
- Actor Pedro Pascal (“Game Of Thrones”) has been cast as the lead in the upcoming live action Star Wars series, “The Mandalorian”.
- Have you ever wondered which Disney princess is the most popular? CableTV has created a useful map of the United States displaying the results by state.
- Here is a look back on the Mickey Memories collection so far, in honor of the 90th anniversary of the Mouse himself!
- Check out this neat review of Disney’s Villainous Board Game, where you play as your favorite Disney villain!
- Make sure you tune in for our 2018 Toys for Tots Marathon, starting this Friday, November 30th! Don’t miss 50 hours of Disney fun, games, and podcasts!
- Join us Wednesday, December 5th – Sunday, December 9th, 2018, as WDW News Today celebrates the holidays with a five-day fan event at the Walt Disney World Resort!
- Highlights of the event include a private catered breakfast in the Dinosaur Lounge at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (filled with presentations and surprises), an interactive game throughout the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, private parties at a Bay Lake Tower Top-Floor Grand Villa with views of the Holiday Wishes fireworks, and a holiday-time trip to Andy’s backyard to see Toy Story Land!
- Rooms and registration spots are still available!
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Be sure to check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!