Every week is a busy week when it comes to Disney news. To help you keep up with all of the updates coming out of Walt Disney World and other Disney resorts, along with all the entertainment and media announcements, here’s WDWNT’s weekly recap of the Disney news from April 15-21 2019!
- Join WDWNT for Stage 89 – a celebration of all things 1989 at Walt Disney World April 26 – May 1!
- Attending a part of this event will be a panel of former Imagineers behind attractions such as The Great Movie Ride, and Ron Logan, the former Executive Vice President of Entertainment!
- We will be paying tribute to the Delta Dreamflight attraction at Stage 89 with a new in-park game where you will collect passport stamps across the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
- Tickets for WDWNT’s Pleasure Island 30th Anniversary Party are now only $10! Featuring an Adventurer’s Club reunion, classic cocktails, live DJ and more!
- Another game which will feature at our event is “Starring Roles – Making a Movie in a Theme Park”, which will take place in Hollywood Studios on April 30th and enable you to make your own movie in the park!
- WDWNT Ride Rehab will be hosting a Canada Appreciation Meet-Up in the Canada pavilion in Epcot on April 29 – a free event with trivia, facts, pins and prizes!
Walt Disney World
- We got our first look at the interior of the Skyliner Gondolas, which will have a passive ventilation technology to make them “absolutely comfortable” for guests.
- Guests visiting the Magic Kingdom over the next few months could benefit from an extension on park hours on select dates through June.
- Take a look at the progress on the Tomorrowland Speedway refurbishment, featuring a newly painted facade, and removed metal grids.
- Check out this week’s photo report for the Magic Kingdom, featuring Spring Break crowds, weather and construction updates.
- Take a look at this week’s update on the Cinderella Castle pathway expansion construction, which is really starting to take shape.
- We learned that two elderly guests fell and were hospitalized getting on and off rides at the Magic Kingdom.
- The Transportation and Ticketing Center is undergoing some major construction. Make sure it doesn’t affect your park arrival experience by taking note of what’s going on.
- We reviewed some of the new menu items available at Tomorrowland Terrace, including the Buffalo chicken salad, Asian chicken lettuce wraps and the plant-based barbecue burger.
- We got more details on the “Villains Unite the Night” show coming to the Disney Villains After Hours this summer in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the Easter day Pre-Parade featuring your favorite Disney bunnies and the Azalea Trail Maids!
- The Otter Grotto has finally reopened!
- The popular Tasting Sampler is back at Animal Kingdom! Read our guide and reviews of the items we tried here.
- Work is continuing on building Club 33 in Animal Kingdom, check out the photos we took here.
- The peaceful and scenic Tree of Life Garden Trail has reopened after its refurbishment.
- We reviewed the new Easter Egg Cupcake from Creature Comforts.
- Check out our construction update report for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure here.
- A temporary tented park entrance has been set up at the International Gateway – take a look at the construction we spotted here.
- We reviewed the new Mickey Mouse Dome Cupcake from Fountain View.
- Check out this week’s photo report for Epcot, featuring gorgeous Spring weather.
- We spotted more construction efforts over the World Showcase Lagoon in preparation for the new nighttime show coming to Epcot this October.
- There will be some menu changes coming to San Angel Inn Restaurante in the Mexico pavilion, including a new chorizo empanada appetizer, chipotle-marinated shrimp and more.
- Take a look at this construction update for the Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster over in the old Ellen’s Energy Adventure building.
- Check out the photos we took of the work being done to overhaul the entrance to Epcot, including the entrance and security areas and tram stops.
- May 1st will see the 30th Anniversary of Hollywood Studios, and this week a special parade, food offerings and merchandise for the event were announced.
- The treats which will be available during the event look amazing, including a Sorcerer Mickey Hat Cake, Luxo Ball mousse and so much more.
- Along with this comes the annual passholder exclusive merchandise for the 30th Anniversary, including a pin, MagicBand and apparel.
- We learned that PizzeRizzo will be reopening in Hollywood Studios on May 4th, with an all-new Peanut Butter & Jelly Verrine dessert on the menu.
- It was announced on Friday that the opening of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be delayed until Spring 2020.
- The Guest Experience Team is now ready in place at Hollywood Studios to assist with general park queries, My Disney Experience navigation, FastPass+ bookings and more.
- Check out this week’s photo report for Hollywood Studios, including Disney Junior meet & greets, construction updates and more
- We were delighted to see that the Crossroads of the World Mickey has returned this week, and the globe is once again spinning.
- An all-new preview attraction for the upcoming live-action Aladdin debuted inside Walt Disney Presents in Hollywood Studios this week
- The Grapefruit Garage is now officially open at Disney Springs, check out our photos and video here!
- We reviewed the lemon and strawberry Peeps Easter cupcakes from Sprinkles!
- Check out this week’s photo report for Disney Springs, featuring the Easter Egg display at Amorette’s, new socks, new pins and more!
- We hopped over to Amorette’s Patisserie to review their speciality Easter Bunny Petit Cake and Bunny Macaron!
Walt Disney World Resorts
Disney’s All-Star Resorts
- Take a look at this year’s amazing Easter Egg displays at the All-Star Music, Movies and Sports resorts.
- We reviewed the Marshmallow and Peach Easter Bunny Cupcake from the All-Star Resorts, which was a winner for us.
Animal Kingdom Lodge
- We reviewed the Spring Garden Cake from The Mara, a coconutty and shareable creation.
Art of Animation Resort
- Check out the construction progress on the Art of Animation Skyliner Station this week.
- Read our review of the Spring Meadow Cupcake available at the Boardwalk Bakery, which was very pretty but not the most tasty.
Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Check out the 2019 Easter Egg Display over at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn Resort.
- Take a look at the 2019 Easter Egg display over at the Contemporary Resort, including some stunning hand-painted designs.
- We reviewed the Bunny Macaron Cupcake which had hopped its way into Contempo Cafe.
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Read our review of the Mimosa-Flavored Spring Cupcake currently being served at Gasparilla Island Grill.
Old Key West Resort
- We tried the Easter Carrot Bundt Cake over at Good’s Food to Go in Old Key West.
Polynesian Village Resort
- We reviewed the colorful Easter Bunny Lemon Cream Cupcake from Capt. Cooks.
Port Orleans Resorts
- We tried and reviewed the Easter Egg Cupcake which is currently available at both the Riverside and French Quarter resorts.
Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Resort
- Take a look at our construction progress photos of the former River Country site, which has now been demolished to make way for the new Reflections resort.
- We tried the loaded Easter Peeps Donut, the Easter Carrot Cake Cupcake and the colorful Chocolate Funfetti and Caramel Humphrey the Bear Cupcake from Roaring Fork.
Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
- We tried the Easter Cupcake available from the Yacht and Beach Club resorts.
- Disney released this teaser video for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservations, which seemed to function more as a sales point for Disneyland resort hotels.
- It was confirmed on Friday that Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be coming to Toontown at the Disneyland Park!
- Surrounding the refurbishment of Sleeping Beauty Castle, we noted a new curb enhancement, with new brickwork and a slower incline.
- We reviewed the delicious Minnie Mouse inspired chocolate cupcake from Jolly Holiday.
- We heard a rumor that the opening of Oga’s Cantina restaurant would be delayed in Galaxy’s Edge due to budget cuts, and only drinks would be served during guests’ limited time in the bar upon opening. This rumor was quickly addressed and cleared up – read about the confusion here.
- Disneyland Cast Members were informed this week that their complimentary park admission to the Disneyland Park would be blocked out from May 16th well into the summer, blocking out the opening of Galaxy’s Edge.
- Also in Galaxy’s Edge news, it was confirmed that the roaming interactive droid characters won’t be present in Black Spire Outpost when the area opens.
- The Adventureland marquee has been removed and temporary signage is now in place in the Disneyland Park, ready for the expected traffic increase due in the park next month.
Disney California Adventure
- A new Halloween offering has been announced for Disney California Adventure: Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party. This will include “Villainous!” – a new “World of Color” spectacular, a Descendants-inspired dance party and more!
- Check out the memory orb wall which has been installed for the Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind attraction on Pixar Pier.
Disney Cruise Line
- Minnie Mouse will be coming aboard to captain the Disney Cruise Line this month, as part of an inspiring nautical program to empower girls and young women to pursue careers in the cruise and maritime industry.
- This summer will see a one-off special celebration in Disneyland Paris: “Toy Story Play Days”
- Paper straws are now being distributed in Disneyland Paris in place of single-use plastic straws.
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
- Take a look at these beautiful Spring decorations and displays around Hong Kong Disneyland in our colorful photo report.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- “Donald’s Hot Jungle Summer” will be returning to Tokyo Disneyland this July, with “Disney Pirates Summer” over at DisneySea.
- Take a look at all this fun new Toy Story merchandise, including that iconic Spirit Jersey, a Pizza Planet Space Crane game and Loungefly purses.
- We spotted new Pandora apparel over in Windtraders in Animal Kingdom.
- This new Madame Leota OtterBox phone case with integrated PopSocket has materialized in the Disneyland Park this week.
- There was also this new Enchanted Tiki Room OtterBox phone case too.
- There’s a new range of adorable Stitch merchandise over at the Disneyland Resort, featuring new apparel and more.
- A whole host of new novelty socks have arrived at Walt Disney World, featuring both bold and subtle designs of all your favourite characters.
- These colorful and floral “Mickey Mouse and Friends” Vera Bradley designs are now available on shopDisney.
- Disney has partnered with Zales The Diamond Store to create new Disney Fine Jewelry inspired by Aladdin.
- There’s a treasure trove of new open edition Pirates of the Caribbean pins over at the Disneyland resort this week.
- Show off your true motives with these fun “I’m Here for the…” tees which debuted in the Disneyland resort this week.
- This Disneyland retro-inspired rainbow apparel collection arrived at the Disneyland resort this week.
- A shining, shimmering, splendid new Pandora collection is now available at Disney Springs, inspired by Aladdin.
Star Wars Celebration Chicago
- There was lots of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge merchandise on display at the event in Chicago, including wares coming to Toydarian Toymaker, Creature Stall and Black Spire Outfitters.
- Take a look at the latest Avengers: Endgame TV spot which highlights scenes from all 21 movies in the MCU.
- There was also a new TV spot released for Toy Story 4, along with the final theatrical poster ahead of the movie’s release in June.
- Read our Marvel News Mash-Up, featuring details on Avengers: Endgame, Captain Marvel and The Eternals.
- Watch the first trailer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 7 here, featuring Ahsoka taking on Darth Maul.
- Lucasfilm have released new images from the upcoming Disney+ series The Mandolorian, which will be debuting this November.
That’s all of the Disney news for this past week! Make sure you check back at the end of each week for our weekly recaps!